Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

speed

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Should the speed on the server be set a little slower than it is?

yes
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
no
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Voted : 11
Total Votes : 11

PumpkiN
Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:12 pm   Post subject:  speed Back to top 

so i have come to think of this after all the convo on the #1 thread about how our server has pretty tough settings.

our server speed (the speed that you run and jump at and shit) is pretty damn fast. i dont know if this is the default for pub or what, but i personally think it should be a bit slower. i just would like to see how others think about this.

keep in mind that all the trickjumps that you guys do on the pub are EXTREMELY simple because of the fast speed. this is one of the main things that bother me with this setting.

Download Post  No rating  
PumpkiN
Retired
Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ps. when u vote. please let us know why u voted as u did.

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I hate TJ with a passion,but I like the speed. I'm willing to put up with some TJ fags rather than setting the speed slower. Its not as fast as QAW(sucks) and not as slow as Pro mod(blows)....so yeah..what Goldilocks said..it's juuuuust right.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

NO

Don't fix what isn't broken. Been this way forever and see no reason to change it now.

Retired
102492 Points

Estonia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

:'(

Download Post  No rating  
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I voted yes because I like the etpro speed. But I don't think we should change it on our server since like Sin said, don't fix what isn't broken. No I probably shouldve thought before i voted.

11631 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: speed Back to top 

i voted yes because i like the etpro speed also.
not to say its like BROKEN but i just don't like it very much

10203 Points

USSR US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: speed Back to top 

i voted yes because quitters say no

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I was the only admin who voted (a few months ago) to slow the speed down. It will never happen, sorry. Way too much opposition against it. I went ahead and voted to slow down, just because TJ'ing ruins the game so much IMO.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

By how much will the speed be slowed down? Maybe we can compromise by slowing it down a bit but not too much?

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We toyed with it a bit (resetting to stock), and honestly I didn't really notice a difference. Quazi (I think) tried to TJ the wall on Oasis and I believe it was a bit harder for him, but I don't remember, it was so many months ago.

Stock is 320. Our settings are 360. I don't know how much more significant that is.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:31 pm   Post subject:  Re: speed Back to top 

speed is a setting that can be set on the fly through rcon - sometime when i am on the server if its a slow night and mostly iow on. i can set it down to 320 so you may see the difference.

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:28 pm   Post subject:  Re: speed Back to top 

I voted yes. I play QAW quite often now, and if it were frequented by good euros, I wouldn't set foot on it. They would be nearly impossible to hit. Higher pings and/or any lag on their side and it makes it even more difficult for people with good pings and no lag to hit them.

It's why some euros do well on IoW and QAW and that piece-of-crap PX server. They crack up and have more time to hit everyone. This is true because when my ping hit 130+ due to ISP issues, I didn't shoot as well, but I didn't have to shoot well because people couldn't hit me as easily.

For the love, someone put a stock server up and let it go.

J

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic