Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Poll :: General Feel About Valentines Day

I gave a valentine today
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
I recieved a valentine today
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Valentines day is great - a day for lovers
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Valentines day is a chick holiday that just costs me money
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Voted : 17
Total Votes : 26

BECK
Subject:  Valentines Day
Lots of down-tone debates going on today. All in good fun, but we need something a bit more light-hearted.

Happy Valentines day to you all, for what it's worth.

Do Euros celebrate Valentines Day? Canadians? I honestly don't know if this is just a US "holiday" or not.

What is everyone's general feel for Valentines Day? Vote above!

I specifically allowed for three options to be picked.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  Re: Valentines Day
Come on! No one has anything to say? Guess I'm feeling frisky and chatty today.

For me, Valentines day is just a chick holiday. If it was up to men, there would be no Valentines day. That may sound mean or whatever, and I'd never directly tell my wife that :oops: , but it's honestly true.

For guys who are dating - Valentines day is absolutely crucial. You forget your girlfriend, you're in big fricken trouble. I think it's a status thing for women. Like "I got flowers" "I got candy" "I went to a nice restaurant" "I got some jewelry". That is why you have all these services that deliver stuff to your wife's office or workplace - so it can be a big deal and everyone will notice.

So when you're dating, you're gonna get some if you please your girlfriend on Valentines day.

When you're married, you still have to do this. It's implied that you sure as hell better get something for your wife, or you're in the dog house. But you've already established your mate, no women would divorce someone for failing on Valentines day. And if she does, you have other issues with her all together.

When you have kids, it's a new level of resposibility. Kids must get their mom a valentine. So I have to go shopping on behalf of my kids today to buy my wife a valentine "from them".

So basically, BECK would not be disappointed if Valentine's day was somehow disbanded. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife very much and I appreciate the fact that I can express my love for her - but why do I have to spend 200% more for roses today than I will tomorrow to do it? Know what I mean?

I'm curious to hear from our women -- Ca+ and SP - what say you? ;)

Download Post
mayol
This is not even a holiday. It's more like a money grabbing industry build on top of something that used to be romantic.

Moreover, if people love each other, they dont need a special day. Everyday together should be special.

But yes... I bought my GF a present.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
BOO-YEAH! My point exactly. Thanks mayol ;)

Download Post
Wal-Mart
When you add a i dont give a crap option i'll vote for it

I dont care... i dont get nuttin, i dont give nuttin...

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Then I guess you answer that it's a chick holiday - that is pretty much "i don't give a crap".

Download Post
Wal-Mart
"that costs me money"

It dont.

Download Post
Nort
i have no valentines today. my fiancee is 2 hours away. so i am not loved right now :(

Download Post
Wal-Mart
Nort wrote (View Post): › i have no valentines today. my fiancee is 2 hours away. so i am not loved right now :(

LoL I have no "fiancee", wife, g/f, sig other... so lol.

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
Boo Hoo Nort!!!!! 2 hours away!!!! Grow a pair u dirtbag!! My fiance is over 22 hours away.

Kinda saves me money,at least for now. Although,the more thoughtful the gifts,the more attention you will recieve when it comes to the bump n grind.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
I guess the question for you Wal-Mart is - hypothetically speaking if you DID, how would you feel about it.

I can't add the option, sorry.

Download Post
Plan9
As I'm single I can say I couldn't care less about valentines...

But I think it's a great idea though... Without valientines day, there wouldn't be a 'day after valentines day' when all the girls that are fed up with their boyfriends forgetting things become avaliable.... Think about it :smt112

-P9

EDIT: And yeah, I'm going out tomorrow :wink:

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Wait? What's that? I hear Elton John Singing:

"The Circle of Life"

I see your point, Plan - well put!

Download Post
sum1else
I didn't get my g/f anything for Valentines day. I told her not to get me anything since I don't have the money. :oops: To tell the truth, I don't think she really cares. She thinks the idea of Valentines day is kind of stupid. One thing I'm not telling her is that she's gonna get a bunch of chocolate the next time I see her... too bad I can't today. :(

sum1else out.

Download Post
Nervous
Subject:  
StEVoNuB420 wrote (View Post): › Boo Hoo Nort!!!!! 2 hours away!!!! Grow a pair u dirtbag!! My fiance is over 22 hours away.

If you go there in the other direction wouldn't it cut the time down to 2 hours? LOL :D

P.S. Just kidding. I understand the whole concept of "time of travel" vs. time zones.

StEVoNuB420 wrote (View Post): ›
Kinda saves me money,at least for now. Although,the more thoughtful the gifts,the more attention you will recieve when it comes to the bump n grind.

You stay classy, San Diego. :D

Download Post

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: