Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,352 Exploit Attempts.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

BECK
Subject:  New Rotation Just Added!
Finally got around to getting a new map up there. By popular demand, et_beach is the new map for this month.

I kept Frostbite (even though it bites) and supply depot - so we're running a 9 map rotation now. The customs are all spread out amongst the stock maps.

It took me about 10 seconds to download the map via HTTP downloads at around 500kpbs - so I'm not too worried about large downloads here.

For those of you who don't know this map, I created a short 3 or 4 minute long walkthrough demo just to show you where to go so you don't get lost. It's sorta like battery meets Frostbite. You storm an axis beach base and steal documents and run to a transmitter. I think it's a pretty good map overall, I look forward to playing it!

Here is the demo:

http://www.iowclan.net/cgi/uploads/IoW_ET_Beach_walkthrough.zip

1.) Unzip into your 'etpub\demos' directory.

2.) Load ET - select 'MODS' then 'etpub'. THe game will restart.

3.) Now to go 'Replays' and select the demo file you unzipped.

You will probably need the map to watch the demo, if you don't already have it simply connect to our server to get it, or you can dl it here: http://www.iowclan.com/etmain/et_beach.pk3

Place into your etmain directory.

Download Post
Quazi
Subject:  Re: New Rotation Just Added!
Oh noooo.....This map is way too big and it has too many corridors. I literaly have no idea what's going on there ever after playing it few times :?

Download Post
BECK
Did you watch my demo? I think it will help at least give you an idea where to go.

Download Post
Quazi
Not yet, I've just conncted and checked the map by myself but I think I'll have to watch it.

Download Post
Wal-Mart
:sign_woot

At last shesh great map...

quazi.... lol come on how hard is it... its just like the orginal wolf demo map rite? I mean their is like 3 ways to get to the docs... lol... It was a good map back with the demo of wolf, i'm sure its gona be good now!

Download Post
trans
BECK wrote (View Post): › I kept Frostbite (even though it bites)

Main reason Beck took so long with the rotation update is he needed time to come up with that one ^^ :D

Download Post
BECK
trans wrote (View Post): › Main reason Beck took so long with the rotation update is he needed time to come up with that one ^^ :D

Yup - exactly! So clever, ain't I? :wink:

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
I personally hink we should take out Frostbite. Sooner or later we're gonna be like all the other servers that require 20 downloads to connect. These are the servers I used to avoid when I began playing.

Download Post
BECK
Twist my arm Stev0. :P I think that map blows, I'll create a new pk3 without it and get it on there when we've got some downtime. Should've just removed it anyway, wtf was I thinking? I was thinking, it's 1:30am and I need to go to sleep....

Download Post
JEWMAN
I agree with stevo because it is a pub server and you don't really wanna bring many of the "pro" maps into it. But yah et_beach i have some fond memories of when i first starting playing et walmart and i played this map alot.

Download Post
HalfBak3d
I have played the Beach level for Enemy Territory, and it's exactly like the demo for RTCW.(so is TC_Base) I also actually like Frostbite. If both teams know the map and how to defend it, it can be fun.

Download Post
Bolivar
I like new maps!
Typing while downloading
never saw that map but ill learn soon

Thanks Beck!

Download Post
Wal-Mart
JEWMAN wrote (View Post): › I agree with stevo because it is a pub server and you don't really wanna bring many of the "pro" maps into it. But yah et_beach i have some fond memories of when i first starting playing et walmart and i played this map alot.

how are they PRO maps? Many pub servers have alot maps...

they are MAPS...beach aint even a ET map!

IMHO 3 maps... aint alot

Download Post
BECK
Cause pub players aren't good enough or smart enough I guess. :roll:

Download Post
HalfBak3d
Maybe by Pro maps he means maps that were used in ET competition. Supply Depot and Frostbite at one time were used in comp.

Download Post
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: