Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Zune Software v2

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Is the new Zune software fucked up?

Yes
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Haven't Upgraded
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Don't even have a Zune
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 7

sum1else
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:39 pm   Post subject:  Zune Software v2 Back to top 

Does anybody else have a Zune and really hate the new software? I pisses me off that they changed the color and complete layout and features. What if I want a video playlist? What if I want to browse my music by Genre? What if I wanna listen to my fucking Metallica all at once by album, not by fucking alphabetical order without switching albums? Is Microsoft high? They completely fucked up on this, and I'm gonna find a way to get my own Zune software back, because frankly, the white doesn't go with my whole dark theme, especially my Windows XP Zune theme that I downloaded. I would also like basic functionality as a media player back.

This new software is just fucked up.

sum1else out.

P.S. I've seen there's different hacks and ways to get the old software back by downgrading, but I've seen people on the Zune forums that have just uninstalled and reinstalled v1.4 from the disk so I'm gonna try that. Any other ideas in case that doesn't work?

P.S.S. As I was typing that postscript, I had to change albums, now isn't that fucked up?

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Never used or seen a Zune for that matter, so I'm trying to understand this -- the only way you can listen to any songs is alphabetical order? They don't separate things at all? I have an iPod and at least I can browse by genre or just pick an artist and then an album.

IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

no zune

go gear... dont even use it lol

Retired
18529 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I marked the wrong one it is SO JACKED UP I started it up after the update and was like WTF I had this weird ass pink flowery back ground Evil or Very Mad

Retired
Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

creative products all the way

Download Post  No rating  
sum1else
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I successfully got rid of the new software and got my old software back. It's SOO much better! Very Happy

@Beck

You could separate by artist and album by the new software, and that was about it. You couldn't arrange the music when listening by the artist, by album, only in alphabetical order. You could only listen to all songs by that artist in alphabetical order, not separated into each album. For example, if I was listening to, say, Fields of the Brave by Styx, the next song on Cyclorama would be Bourgeois Pig, which would be logical to listen to next, but it wouldn't have that, it'd have Find the Cost of Freedom from the Big Band Theory album, because that's the next song in alphabetical order that I have on my computer by Styx. You could also sort by album, but you have to switch albums when you get to the end, and I like to listen to every song by the artist without switching albums. Sorry that it was unclear. I hope that's clearer. If not, I'll try again. It also does not have sorting by genre at all, so if you're on a real Metal kick, you can't go find a metal band, you have to find them by name instead of just sorting your albums by genre.

@Junkie

Hate it do you? Does your Zune itself have the v2 update? Because if it doesn't and you still have your install CD, you can get the old software back and still be able to sync to your Zune. If you updated your Zune, then tough luck, if you went back, you wouldn't be able to sync with the old software. If you want the old software back, just reply to this topic saying so, and I'll give more detailed instructions.

sum1else out.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic