Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,352 Exploit Attempts.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Poll :: 2008 New Year Map

ET Beach
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
TC Base
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Baserace
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
D.) None of the above - fill in the blank with your suggestion
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 23

Sin
Subject:  
My vote goes to beach, although if axis become stacked on this map, it can become NOT fun very quick.But overall i think its an excellent choice for a pub server like ours. Its got a fun objective, a capture point, some snipe spots and some "Inside shooting" for the gunners. The sniping isn't bad enough to ruin the map (battery, fueldump), there are other spots you can go. And for people who don't know what to do, if your on allies you really only have one way to go, and if your on axis just jump on the machine gun and let the allied coops have it.

Download Post
Scraebbes
Subject:  
damn i love baserace too...its fun...but its like onslaught said it...people bitched about it
so i voted on beach...its a good map too.

Download Post
AnABoLiS
Subject:  
Bacerace Bacerace Bacerace!!!! Could we put it on just for one week?

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
I voted for Baserace,because I dread having another Battery inspired map(Beach). SNiping,arti whoring and mortar whore,exactly what Battery is.

If it's possible to cut down the time for Baserace to 15-20 minutes,that would be even better. 30 minutes is too long.

Download Post
AnABoLiS
Subject:  
15mins would be long enought. Even 1 map/day would be ok for me, i cant remember when was the last time i have played it.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Thing about ET Beach - the action on the beach is usually pretty limited. Allies almost always capture forward spawn, and most of the map is actually inside the base. But yeah, I guess it is pretty similar to Battery in that regard, Stev0.

RE: Baserace
I'm not sure about cutting down the time on a map, it would require a modded map script, and I know nothing of that. I suppose I could crack the .pk3 file open and take a look at it, might be easy to figure out.

REFS:
Baserace can be loaded ANYTIME. Just put ref password in, go to 'Options' | 'Maps' (or whatever the path is, I'm guessing here) and you can load the 'iow-base' campaign script. What this will do is RESTART the rotation at Battery --- sorry, that's the way it is. Play past Radar and you will have baserace. I stuck the customs in the middle of the stock rotation. So if you're itchin for a taste....

OH - and it will default back to the config rotation (stocks+SD+Frost) after Fuel Dump - so no worries, it's a one time thing. You'll have to keep reloading it if you want to keep playing it. Otherwise, I'll have to modify the configs to keep it in.

Download Post
AnABoLiS
Subject:  
Awesome!

Download Post
Plan9
Subject:  
I voted other, be it Adlernest, Special Delivery, Braundorf or whatever...

My opinion is that the maps we pick for customs on our server should be out of the maps that are on the list of maps for competition play (TWL, ClanBase, SLA or what have you?). If we do this, at least our members will be more familiar with them should we ever get a team going again...

-P9

Download Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: