Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Official "No School Day" Thread

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:07 pm   Post subject:  Official "No School Day" Thread Back to top 

I'd really like for this to catch on, so if this thread applies to you, I'd appreciate that you respond when appropriate, or inappropriate...

I want to keep a tally of how many days off school people get for different reasons - mostly weather related. I'm curious about how many days off school people in America (or anywhere else in this world) get.

So, if you have a snow day, fog day, ice day, power-outage day or even a herpes epidemic day, I want you to post it. As you post perhaps numerous times over the next several months, it'd be nice if you could keep a total tally as well.

--------------------------------
I'll start. On October the 4th, this region had a Fog Day (buses canceled, therefore no school). So this is how she goes:

Fog Day: I
Total No School Days: I
-------------------------------

I don't expect a ton of activity in this thread quite yet, but please remember that it is here!!!

Last edited by Fuzzy Burrito on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

stickied for ya Moderator

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fog day ?! Wtf ?!

Last day off school in my city I heard about was when my dad was a kid (he is 55). It was in winter when temperature was near -50 and people couldn't get out of homes.

I don't count martial law when there where tanks on streets.

So I don't think I will be able to post here =( I wish I could....

Download Post  No rating  
Wal-Mart
IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You could have just asked...

We get 5 days here (I aint in school no more but) If we go over, we lose it from spring break or other things... if we go under, we get time added. We need to be in school a set number of days. Also if we go in for at least 3 periods (outa 8 ) it counts as a day of school. Anyways blah blah blah, if you wanta know the details say so else lol I'm done.

Here we get a decent number of snow days since its not flat and plowing takes a long time, and hills + ice = fun ride in the school bus.

Nutting wrong with fog days cause a few years back we had basically a cold day... The buses were not plugged in the nite be4 so they would not start due to the cold (like 0F I think or even lower) so, no school. We also had basically a wind day when their was a hurricane here a few years back...

Edit I think one day we had a fog delay, got a pic somewhere but, as said WORK LATE!
I wish I got snow days from work haha. Only snow day I get is when I gota go plowing... I cant even say to much snow to come in, they will fuking pick me up on a snow mobile lmao. Speaking of work, I'm going to be late lol. At least I can be late though thats cool haha.

Download Post  No rating  
AnABoLiS
IoW Regular
4692 Points

Finland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I dont even know if we have had a day off school here never before..

A snow day, fog day, ice day, power-outage day or a herpes epidemic day...blah.. Lol thats not a reason to get a day off school here.. Sad. And if something dramatic happens and we cant go to school, they will put us one extra day more.. Same as Q, im not able to post here Very Happy

9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Just something else I'd like to mention. This time last year (I think this exact day too) was our first snowfall here. And a couple of years ago, it was October 10th.

Post here with the date of the first snowfall in your region too, please!

EDIT: Thanks, Brian.

IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well today was the first day my car had FROST on it.

7 min late to work lmao. When I live 2min away. <3 my job, it was no prob.

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

First snow on November 7th, even more this morning Razz

IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

We had first snow around the start of the month here, just some white shit comming down in the morning.

Download Post  No rating  
Wal-Mart
IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well my old school had a 2 Hr delay today...

Edit: left out tally bad me

Total 2H delays: 1
Total Earlydismiss: 0
Total no school: 0

Last edited by Wal-Mart on Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I did forget to mention the other day of school that was canceled - November 21st. Power outage day, and we are pretty certain it was a prank, because we were hosting a province-wide basketball tournament.

And what the hell - today nearly every school within 100 miles is canceled, except mine of course.

Fog Days: I
Power Outage Days: I
Total No School Days: II

IoW Fanboy
14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

we had over a foot of snow and still hafta walk to class lol kinda depressing when compared to my high school where we'd get off of school be4 it even started snowing lol

Retired
Retired
31257 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lol jewman were do u go 2 school?

No School today for me w00t

Download Post  No rating  
JEWMAN
IoW Fanboy
14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well the school im at right now is in north western New York not too far from the rochester syracuse area where last winter they got the 20 feet plus of snow lol. I guarantee sometime in jan. feb. ill have well ova 4-5 feet of snow :/

IoW Regular
15244 Points

USA US New York
Currently banned
Currently banned
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Shesh man you forgot about ur own thread... gezz thanks for making me look like the loser here who thought about it!

I'd be happy with no snow...

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic