Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,352 Exploit Attempts.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Poll :: Add custom maps as a vote option

Yes
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
No
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Neutral
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 11

Wal-Mart
Subject:  Custom maps
How about adding some custom maps to the server like Supply depot - base - aldernest and et_beach.

But not in rotation but by vote.

Figured I would make this a poll.

Thanks.

Download Post
Apparition
Subject:  
There will be no custom maps on the pub, period. It's been hashed and rehashed and argued over an assload of times before... it isn't happening.

Download Post
LUDA
Subject:  
what about just as a vote option - the standard being the original 6 - if enough ppl want to do the customs too - have it mixed in with the original 6 - just 4-5 customs - not random shit that ppl make up -but maps that are played on a consistent basis in twl for their competitive nature - i think it could bring more players to our server that get tired of the same 6 maps all the time, myself included

Download Post
mayol
Subject:  
No.

Download Post
jjDYNOmight
Subject:  
As App mentioned this topic has been around for quite some time and the answer was always NO. I know because i brought it up long ago.

I personnaly would like some variety in the rotations, by making the custom map a vote option might populate the server more, and if it doesn't work then we can pull them.

VARIETY IS THE FLAVOR OF LIFE!!!

Download Post
LUDA
Subject:  
my thoughts exactly... it can't really hurt anything by having it as a voted option - several ppl came on tonight - full server btw for about 2 hours straight - and said they really like the server and asked why we didn't put any good customs on it because the stock maps get boring after awhile

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
We've never had them as a vote option but we have put them in the rotation and it killed the server for a while. Newcomers to the server wont wait for them to download. Also if they dont know the map they will automatically disconnect,I should know cuz I do the same thing. i hate walking around the map trying to figure out what to do just to be getting sniped or shot at and not knowing where the fuk the guy is. Although it gets tiresome playing the same 6 maps sometimes I think we will just leave it as is. Not to mention that we even went so far to get a 3rd server before and make it all customs. Sad to say that was a total waste of server for 6 months.I think the most people I saw on there was 6 peeps at the most.

Download Post
Apparition
Subject:  
A vote option is laughable tbh.. the rotation would never be played if everyone voted custom maps. Instead, adding a custom map or 2, to the rotation would be better.

Pesonally if this were allowed i'd put tc_base in place of radar (or the custom radar map where you can dyno the radar)

supply depot in place of fuel dump, and a different oasis map in place of stock oasis.

Railgun would need to be replaced with a map that puts the objective on the axis side though. It gets boring with only one axis oriented obj map.

Download Post
LUDA
Subject:  
like ice, beach, tc_base, supply depot - all fairly small maps with controllable spawn points - maybe we could allow some of our regulars to nominate maps and have 1-2 different customs every month or two?

with the upcoming release of et:qw the w:et community will drop off leaving few servers busy so the more versitile our user base the more activity our server will see which i assume is what we'd like to continue to see

we have a great server - lots of good players come there to have competitive games - good pings - not much lag - the original 6 is great and is why i originally liked the server so much but adding a couple customs every once in awhile couldn't hurt nearly as much as it could help

this may be a buried topic but after i was questioned by a few ppl tonight about custom maps i feel it could be discussed again, if no is the absolute answer however feel free to lock/delete this thread

Download Post
JEWMAN
Subject:  
You gotta admire luda's passion for this :D haha I would say that people are overreacting. Everyone thinks the server is dying but its really not. I remember last year when school was starting up it was semi-dead for awhile until people transitioned into the flow of things. But aside from that I would vote no to have the vote option and I would vote yes to adding 1 or 2 maps to the rotation. It'd be nice to add supply depot and another map to the mix as a variety. Dont get rid of any of the original 6 just add on to make it a 8 map rotation like we used to have. But I like where Luda's head is at with this one :D good man haha

Download Post
Bolivar
Subject:  
i agree. :smt028

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
I vote.

YES

I have constantly been in support of customs. I will admit that Stev0 has a good point, but I think LUDA makes a good argument too. We've done stocks for over a year straight. No problem with stocks, I love them all. But my suggestion is to introduce a single custom in at a time. Maybe at the most, we run two at a time and swap them out once a month or something. Worst case, the server gets slower than it already is, but I really don't think that will happen. If it does, we revert back to stock. With QW, fact is, there are gonna be less people playing the game. Introducing a few common and well-liked customs might actually add appeal to our server for those ET-die hards who are looking for a new home.

I say we give it a try - not voting, but by adding at least 1 into rotation to start.

As far as noobs not knowing the maps - they gotta learn the stock maps too. I remember get lost in the caves on Fuel Dump the first few times I played that map. I also remember thinking that Goldrush was a great sniping map. Boy, what a fool I was, they must've thought I was a complete idiot. I digress....

Anyway, Stev0 we're not talking about putting some weirdo maps no one has ever seen. I think that 90% of the people who have ever played a custom, have played Supply Depot. I think that is a fun as hell map that is pretty solid and balanced, so I would recommend that as the first stock map we introduce. As far as downloads go, we have HTTP downloads turned on, so the rate should be pretty fast. And for those of you who hate the customs, you can sit in spec I suppose. OR -- step outside the box and try something new??

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
SO u would just put in Supply Depot 2? Would we be taking out any maps or just adding it to the rotation? Ive played it and it is a small map. How long would it takle to download for a nooby that doesnt have it? Depending on theses answers,maybe we can add it for about a month or 2 and see how it goes.May GOD have mercy on our porr lil server.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
Well, I think the decision ultimately lies in your hands Stev0 and Wolvie too as acting co-bosses. I support what ever you decide, if you think it will cause more harm than good, so be it.

My suggestion would be add it to the existing rotation, not remove any maps.

The map is 3.3MB in size and is already on our download server.

Download Post
JEWMAN
Subject:  
Stevo i wud say just add it in and dont remove any maps. Worst scenario ppl say remove it so its all good.

Download Post
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: