Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,352 Exploit Attempts.

MrBlack
Subject:  ET and Windows Vista. A match made in hell
Split from another thread. Certainly other people are going to have issues with Vista. -- BECK

off topic a little, i know a lot of people are gonna tell me to uninstall but....

i installed VISTA ULTIMATE :oops:

think its a great operating system but ET is the only game i have problems with online play some thing to do with operating system privlages(sp) so i take it thats a problem with vista anyone got any ideads as im getting kicked all the time.

thanks in advance

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
MrBlack wrote: › off topic a little, i know a lot of people are gonna tell me to uninstall but....

i installed VISTA ULTIMATE :oops:

think its a great operating system but ET is the only game i have problems with online play some thing to do with operating system privlages(sp) so i take it thats a problem with vista anyone got any ideads as im getting kicked all the time.

thanks in advance

Heh....funny you should ask. I am a software developer and have been trying to get my company's software to run on Vista. Microsoft has changed the entire security paradigm on that platform. Your best bet is to try and run as a local administrator (I think you have to turn on this user, it's turned off by default), not just a user with administrative rights. You can also try right-clicking on ET.exe and selecting 'Run As Administrator'.

At what point are you getting kicked? If you are actually getting into the game, then it's probably some sort of issue with punkbuster, maybe a firewall type issue there? IDK.

Download Post
BECK
Subject:  
I'm going to create a new thread for the vista discussion.

Found this on another ET Forum:

Some other dude wrote: ›
Alright everyone Ive tried a ton of things to get Enemy territory working good on vista and must have installed and reinstalled vista at least 20 times now. So this is what I've come to a conclusion of:
First you cannot upgrade or patch ET on vista, or else it will freeze when you try to open it. Second, if you download any mods while joining a server and close and try to re open the game, it will freeze.
The only way I've gotten ET to work is if its just freshly installed and has not been modified at all, but i found a shortcut to making it work. If you have the ET icon on your desktop, right click it and select open file location. Next go to the uninstall folder and double click the uninstall program. Once you open that, select the repair option and it's like its just been freshly installed and you should be able to play. Another thing is to always run the game as administrator.

Something else I found is Compatibility mode. It didn't help me run ET any better but if someone else tries it they might find something that works. Compatibility mode helps you run programs made for older operating systems on Vista, so i thought maybe it might work. Again if you have the ET icon on your Desktop right click it and select properties. Then go to compatibility. Click on the drop down box and you can play around and try all the different options and see if anything works for you. Also on the same window go to the security tab and play around with those options.
Well i hope that helps some of you Vista users, tell me what worked and if you found anything else out that works.

More specifics on the location of the failure and any messages you get might help other people troubleshoot.

Download Post
mayol
Subject:  
Not to sound like a dick, but why install Vista at all?

Download Post
Quizzle
Subject:  
Agreed Mayol. Do you guys remember when XP first came out? It was a nightmare too. Just give it awhile for Microsoft to weed out the main problems that people experience, just like they did with XP.

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
Does that actually help?

Sleepy is having the same error and gets kicked for that inadeqate o/s privleges. ANy ideas? Blacky how did u get it to work?

Download Post
Wal-Mart
Subject:  
simple thing here DO NOT USE VISTA...

DO NOT COMPARE VISTA TO XP

they are NOT the same... VISTA has DRM... vista uses limited everything to help secure it... vista is eye candy... a new OS will be out in 2-3 years...

XP is by far the BEST windows OS... and will be the best windows OS maybe forever...

If you have vista and ET try this...

Set ET to run as XP... also give your acc anything to make it more like a XP admin acc... I cant say exactly how because i dont run vista... setting it to run as XP should be as easy as go to the shortcut... right click... properties... and the compatibility...

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
Well thing is he had ti working for Vista before.Thats what his comp came with. He said Lil dl'ed a patch I guess for Pro on his comp and then it started kicking him for that o/s reason.I told him to change the compatability.It gives him the option of 95,98,widows 2000,2003,pack 4.I told him to set it to 95,not sure if it helped yet.

Download Post
Wal-Mart
Subject:  
win 2k is what xp is based off of most... could try that...

I gota set up vista... if it says anywhere run as admin... on the program do that also... The problem is vista limiting ET...

Download Post
MrBlack
Subject:  
old post but ive got vista running as sweet as a nut now all it needed was to be run as admin plus vista had ONE CARE for virus blocking which was also giving me crap but just turned ONE care firewall of and runs perfect now

and just to add XP blows

Download Post
StEVoNuB420
Subject:  
After he changed it to 95 it was a no go. I told him to change it to 2k and it appears to have worked for him.Hes on the server and so far no booting.Thanx for the help and im sure Sleepy thanx u also.

FYI-Mr.Black blows!!

Download Post
MrBlack
Subject:  
if you ask me nicely stevo!!

am starting a new one

Crysis and vista match made in hell

just downloaded the demo looks great but im crashing after the parachute scene and its pissing me off to say the least been waiting for this game a long while now grrrrrrrr

Download Post
Wal-Mart
Subject:  
N/p... 8)

and

Its a shit demo... from what i read its only DX9 not DX10... could be the reason... cant say nuttin though with out knowing the type of vid card you are tryin to run it on... Could also be a heat issue... these new cards get fuking hot... my 8800gts runs 73C playing lost planet... WITH another 80mm fan blowing a little air on it...

Mind ya its 100mhz OC on the core and 200or 300 OC on the memory (stock OC though... xxx edition baby fastest 8800gts you can buy...)

Download Post
JEWMAN
Subject:  
VERY SIMPLE if you have vista and on et u keep getting kicked. i had that problem as well and what i did was right click run et as admin. ever since its been running fine.

Download Post

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: