Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Admin abuse anyone?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have seen Stevo ban players before. They all deserved it my opinion. Now Undefine I know your a good player, around me anyways. I've never had a problem with and like to see you connect and play.

However, it seems you might have stepped over the boundaries here. Stevo doesn't tolerate any racial slurs, even if they are in fun. Why? Well because what if offends someone else that you are not joking with? Know what I mean? I'm certain this is why you were muted.

I've played ET for awhile now. I've gotten my fair share of mutes. You know what the number 1 thing NOT to do is? Try to call Un-Mute votes on yourself after being muted by an admin. The admin muted you for a reason, calling votes to un-mute is just, well, annoying. Just because the majority wins on a un-mute vote doesn't mean you should be unmuted. That really is for the administration to decide.

I'm certain that if you played it cool (and still do) and relaxed you might not have been banned. In fact I know if you apologized to Stevo, or just politely questioned why you were muted and accepted it for the time being; you would have un-muted and allowed to keep playing. But I think your persistence got you banned from our server. Which is unfortunate,
because you are cool, but you just stepped over the line there with the racial slur (even if it was a joke, others may be offended) and trying to get around the mute.

I know you want people to think that Stevo is abusing his admins powers by posting this publicly; but the best route, if you really did want to get un-banned would have been to PM one of the admins, even including Stevo if you wanted. Bringing it public just makes your cause worse for getting back on the server. We like Stevo and agree with what he does.

I'm sure if you pmd and bite the bullet you could still get back on. I hope so anyways, your good to frag with.

Quote: › You ABUSED your powers and continously cancelled the votes I casted. I did not appeciate that. It's what I would call admin abuse.

That is not admin abuse. If a player is mute by the admin why, WHY I ask you do you think he should be un-muted? It's not abuse, it's regulation of our server. If any players comes between what we do to clean up the server (Like calling unmute votes over and over) then you deserve to be kicked and given the chance to cool-down.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Faust
Noob
6 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You're right, Quizzle, I should not use an ability given to me, and all regular players on the server. Stevo did not give any reason as to why he was cancelling the votes. He was abusing his powers as an admin. I wish you would just accept that, and stop covering for him. That would actually be very nice. I respect that he is an administrator, and if he had handled variable being muted more maturely, I assure you I would not be here complaining.

I'm done with this server. I had fun gaming with the majority of you. Sorry, but I just can't stand my friend being treated like shit by some overzealous admin. Good luck with the clan. -_-

Last edited by Faust on Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

So I should apologize for Variable being a racist or for even saying a racist remark? NEVA!!! If u are waiting for a apology from me u will wait for a long time.When Im wrong I will and have apologized it doesnt bother me being wrong,but me muting u for the reason I did,well thats just justice. At the end of the map I would have unmuted you,but as Quizz said u persisted to get unmuted and then Pm'd me with admin abuse and all that other bs. Therefore u just even increased ur mute time.

Variable: I am not a South Surbabanite.I dont live in Chicago Heights, or Blue Island or any of those other "suburbs".I live in the SOutheast Side of Chicago,better known as Alphabet City.Either way its irrelevant unles u want to setup a after school fight. Laughing

@ Faust
So since when did it ever say I should check with the pubbers if I can mute,or even give them the reason why I mute somebody.What ur asking is not only idiotic its absurd.

This is boring me now,im getting spawnlkilled as we speak...damnit gotta go,im done with this.Peace!!

Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Faust wrote: › You're right, Quizzle, I should not use an ability given to me, and all regular players on the server. Stevo did not give any reason as to why he was cancelling the votes. He was abusing his powers as an admin. I wish you would just accept that, and stop covering for him. That would actually be very nice. I respect that he is an administrator, and if he had handled variable being muted more maturely, I assure you I would not be here complaining.

I'm done with this server. I had fun gaming with the majority of you. Sorry, but I just can't stand my friend being treated like shit by some overzealous admin. Good luck with the clan. -_-

Faust those vote options are only there for when the admins are not present. They shouldn't be used against any of our admins which is what happened with Stevo.

Bottom line and I know you don't agree; it was Stevo's call and you two could have bite the bullet and just agreed for the time being. Later you have debated it or whatever. I dunno, too bad.

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Faust
Noob
6 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

StEVoNuB420 wrote: › So I should apologize for Variable being a racist or for even saying a racist remark? NEVA!!! If u are waiting for a apology from me u will wait for a long time.When Im wrong I will and have apologized it doesnt bother me being wrong,but me muting u for the reason I did,well thats just justice. At the end of the map I would have unmuted you,but as Quizz said u persisted to get unmuted and then Pm'd me with admin abuse and all that other bs. Therefore u just even increased ur mute time.

Variable: I am not a South Surbabanite.I dont live in Chicago Heights, or Blue Island or any of those other "suburbs".I live in the SOutheast Side of Chicago,better known as Alphabet City.Either way its irrelevant unles u want to setup a after school fight. Laughing

@ Faust
So since when did it ever say I should check with the pubbers if I can mute,or even give them the reason why I mute somebody.What ur asking is not only idiotic its absurd.

This is boring me now,im getting spawnlkilled as we speak...damnit gotta go,im done with this.Peace!!

Yeah man, you're a total fucking badass. Can I have ur babies!?!?!?

Good day.

Download Post  No rating  
undefinedVariable
Noob
20 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Oh well sorry guys, I guess we (or at least I) weren't mean to stay on this server for long, sorry about that then, the little guy will never get anything done.

Sorry I even bothered. Didn't mean to waste anybody's precious time.

Last edited by undefinedVariable on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Damn im a sexy bitch...can u say stalker. Shocked

Last edited by StEVoNuB420 on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

20 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

StEVoNuB420 wrote: › Damn im a sexy bitch

LOL.

IoW Regular
1711 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

As far as i can tell Faust you have no reason to be involved in this. Yea hes your friend but its none of your business why he got muted to begin with so you shouldnt be getting this worked up over it. Your angry then undefined and hes the one that was muted/banned. You need to relax.

Quote: › I want you to apoligize to my friend for treating him poorly. Do we need to suck-up to you to be treated like human beings? That seems like the case. Everything is great with you when you get your way.

The way you are handling this situation is also a huge indication of how you behave when someone upsets you. He didn't break any serious rules, and a normal unmute vote should be able to unmute him.

You ABUSED your powers and continously cancelled the votes I casted. I did not appeciate that. It's what I would call admin abuse. Maybe you think differently, but that doesn't mean you're right. Please show us the respect you want from other players. I'm not asking too much of you. We can forget about this ordeal and go back to having fun together on the server.

Comming here and demanding an apology wont get you shit, and by calling the unmute vote to me is questioning an admins authority which most admins probably wouldn't approve of. So Stevo canceling the unmute vote is fine because an admins authority shouldnt be questioned openly if you have a problem then handle it in PMs BUT DO IT RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY

20 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

OnSlaught313 wrote: › As far as i can tell Faust you have no reason to be involved in this. Yea hes your friend but its none of your business why he got muted to begin with so you shouldnt be getting this worked up over it. Your angry then undefined and hes the one that was muted/banned. You need to relax.

Quote: › I want you to apoligize to my friend for treating him poorly. Do we need to suck-up to you to be treated like human beings? That seems like the case. Everything is great with you when you get your way.

The way you are handling this situation is also a huge indication of how you behave when someone upsets you. He didn't break any serious rules, and a normal unmute vote should be able to unmute him.

You ABUSED your powers and continously cancelled the votes I casted. I did not appeciate that. It's what I would call admin abuse. Maybe you think differently, but that doesn't mean you're right. Please show us the respect you want from other players. I'm not asking too much of you. We can forget about this ordeal and go back to having fun together on the server.

Comming here and demanding an apology wont get you shit, and by calling the unmute vote to me is questioning an admins authority which most admins probably wouldn't approve of. So Stevo canceling the unmute vote is fine because an admins authority shouldnt be questioned openly if you have a problem then handle it in PMs BUT DO IT RESPECTFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY

I just said that it was an admin abuse in a PM to Stevo. Then he started taunting me, publicly in the chat. Taunting will always bring out a negative response in anyone.

IoW Regular
1711 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well until the logs are pulled to see what WAS exactly said its going to go back and forth.

20 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

OnSlaught313 wrote: › well until the logs are pulled to see what WAS exactly said its going to go back and forth.

I would request unbiased server logs, pulled out by somebody other than whoever would protect Stevo, but I guess that's not possible.

IoW Regular
1711 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

last time i checked there were only 2 or 3 admins that could pull the logs so. well have to wait and see.

12129 Points

USSR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

undefinedVariable wrote: › Sorry I even bothered. Didn't mean to waste anybody's precious time.

So you want to waste more of peoples time by forcing someone to pull the serverlogs only to find out what we know already. Makes sense...

And hey.. I wanted to see you unmuted. I know youve read the serverrules... After all you've been around since Dec you say...

Noob
20 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Plan9 wrote: ›
undefinedVariable wrote: › Sorry I even bothered. Didn't mean to waste anybody's precious time.

So you want to waste more of peoples time by forcing someone to pull the serverlogs only to find out what we know already. Makes sense...

And hey.. I wanted to see you unmuted. I know youve read the serverrules... After all you've been around since Dec you say...

Actually, I've never read the server rules - Nobody ever does. But I did know the rules, since they're the same everywhere and yes, I've seen people swear and such on the IoW server and get away with it.

Plus it was OnSlaught313 who wanted to see the logs.

I never came here for any apologies and I certainly don't feel like I need/deserve/see point for any. I just came here to get unbanned.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic