Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

I want my old IoW server back

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Should we go back to our old pub version?

Hell yes we should
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
No,I actually like this gay ass mod
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Voted : 2
Total Votes : 34

MrBlack
Retired
Retired
52 Points

United Kingdom UK England
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

maybe just taking some time out like nervous may help you stevo, you dont realy want to leave(i hope). your a kick ass player/admin

@ Apparition
nobody said they would leave through this we would just learn to adapt to the new mod Wink

Download Post  No rating  
cheezeduck
IoW Regular
7145 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i tried pub, no offense...fukin hate it now

IoW Regular
803 Points

Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i don't know...seems to me you are all looking for "excuses" to hate the upgrade. I have not heard a REAL reason why you guys really "hate" it. As far as hit-boxes, feels the same to me. Some of you have posted that it sucks because you don't get your usual ratios, acc percentage, hs count, etc. Well I tested it, some maps i sucked, some maps I got average, some maps I did better. doesn't seem to me the upgrade is to blame for my sucky maps.

In my opinion, it's the same exact thing we had before...except now we get to see teammates names with colors, which is cooler.

FYI, double tapping TAB changes the stat table!!!! you can still see the usual "name", "XP", "ping" setting...just cycle through.

QW is coming out soon anyways...so whatevs

x.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm not pissed Stev0, just irritated. Everything I've ever tried to do has been a disaster here. The custom server that I begged for: Disaster. Trying to get different hitboxes: Disaster. Now updating to newest version of etpub: Disaster. I'm probably going to revert to the old version because I don't want this to be a catalyst for people to leave our server or clan. I played one night and for me, I thought kills were easier. I mean everyone goes through slumps and good days - all of this on a single server version - I agree with Mars that perhaps the upgrade is a scapegoat. But I'll acknowledge that due to the sheer number of complaints, something MUST be different.

And to the "play etpro" comments, no offense dudes, but I really don't appreciate ET-Pro snobbery. We pubbers have to put up with that condescending attitude around here enough.

IoW Supporter
2722 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I found that it was pretty decent I just found out my aim is real bad (no suprise there) I do tyhink there might be a but maybe cuz I shot MVP point blank and my rounds whent through him could be a bug but I've seen it before on other servers so I really can't say it's that bad. I kinda likee it I die more but my radar seems to have gotten better Smile so here's my quip. good job beck

Retired
62486 Points

Poland US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

jesus why does everyone hate change, i admit some things i have find annoying, like having names on mines, but beyond that everything seems almost exactly the same, if i play at late nite, i still cant hit them 200 pingers like fuckin roman which still pisses me off, but beyond it feels the same, and IF it is harder to get a hs, look at the bright side, it'll improve ur aim

everyone wants to acheive perfection, but no one wants the change

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DOnt change it right awat Beck leave it for about another week or so,ill give it a chance. See if server gets more populated and see what the general response is gonna be. AS I said noone said they are gonna leave it was just a thought,and once again it had nothing to do with the upgrade.

6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nein! (I'm just in a spamming mood)

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Second time playing with the new pub. Not any better - still posting 1:3 ratios or worse. Scapegoat, not quite. Both times after playing on 0.7.2 Pub, I hit up SNL, and I played better on SNL. Better being defined as higher accuracy and atleast a 1:2 or 1:1 ratio - nothing out of the ordinary for me on SNL. Doesn't make the least bit of sense.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

On a side note - all the servers are dead tonight. The entire list of servers shows NO ONE playing anywhere, except for a bunch of shitty bots. So it's just one of those nights I guess.

IoW Regular
10203 Points

USSR US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

the new mod is cool.

12129 Points

USSR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:37 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think I figured it out... It seems to me ping has a lot more to say (or maybe I'm just imagining things), and at the same time the hitboxes have changed slightly.

I just nearly broke my laptop after emptying a full thompson clip and 16 akimbo rounds straight into the chest of a high-ping player ... not a single hitsound (and he wasnt even crouching) Evil or Very Mad

Serenity now.. serenity now ...

-P9

IoW Supporter
1696 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

new version of etpub seems fine by me so far...no change in fps which is a good thing as this is one of the few pub servers where i get good fps on. i shot today against some good players around 43% which is about the same as old server. to me the hitboxes seem fine for pub...

Download Post  No rating  
Plan9
IoW Regular
12129 Points

USSR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

43 % as a mortar?

IoW Supporter
1696 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lol plan9 that 43% was smg acc. mortar accuracy seems to be unchanged as well but that varies upon the map Smile i've definitely gotten over 50% with mortar before. btw i dunno if etpubclient was being used before but am glad to see it now.

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic