Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Idea for 2nd TWL Server

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: Change the server to...

Remove server
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Return to Goldendunk
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Max 20 life - Last-Man-Standing
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Don't change at all, just leave it as a waste of Nort's money
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 17

cheezeduck
IoW Regular
7145 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:56 pm   Post subject:  Idea for 2nd TWL Server Back to top 

ok, seeing as how it isn't really being used for nething rite now and it's not the quake wars server, i propose that we either:

a) get rid of the server to save nort money

b) change it back to golden dunk but try to have the ping issues fixed

c) change it to a max 20 life map in which ppl join and it's basically a last man standing on maps which have no time limit and change wen some1 has won.(i personally vote for this idea)

Wat do u guys think? vote + input plz.

IoW Regular
6971 Points

Ukraine
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

assuming it saves at least 25% i would remove it

Download Post  No rating  
ShellShocked
Retired
Retired
14550 Points

USA US Kentucky
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hmm think 1 is going pvt only and the other etpro-pub.... till etqw's

Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ShellShocked wrote: › hmm think 1 is going pvt only and the other etpro-pub.... till etqw's

Was the ETPro-Pub actually considered by admins Shell?

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279757 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

OK.

First of all, the servers are all paid in advance, so just dropping it now isn't going to save any money.

Second of all, there are plans to turn the current TWL server into more of just an ETPro pub server (never locked for matches) that features SW versions of the stock maps as well as some of the more popular competition maps. (I think this was the latest idea, I could be wrong).

The server you speak of would then return to 100% private locked all the time, for practices and matches etc -- we could probably run whatever mod we wanted for particular reasons.

Nort is coming up with a new set of member missions that will probably be carried out there.

So in short, we have plans for all the servers, it's just a matter of getting it all implemented.

Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Good to hear. Thanks for clearing that up Beckster. ;]

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Apparition
IoW Supporter
528 Points

Canada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've been thinking of a couple maps to be placed, though they've probably already been presented. It would be cool if we did a stock+custom rotation. Replace fueldump for supply depot, replace traditional radar for the radar map where you can dynomite the radars(rather than the map which removes all grass and environmentals)
OR replace radar with tc_base or this map for railgun. Seawall battery has always been a favorite map for me, but perhaps we can replace it with a converted rtcw map.. not sure which one it is but its a beach map. you have to grab the flag, snag the documents and bring it to the radio in axis spawn.

I'm sure other stock maps can be replaced with custom maps somewhat similar or of equal challenge. Oasis can be swapped for one of the custom oasis maps too...remembering custom map names isn't my strength. I'm sure there are other ideas.

This can be done until QW comes out or until something else is decided for the server. Just a couple ideas Smile

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

HAHA App ur like one month late. We had this custom pub server for 6 months maybe more.I think the most people we ever had on it was me and Beck 1v1.It wasnt populated at all.

El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

stevo is correct. we switched that last server to a custom pub server, and it did have the dynmite radar and such. it pretty much has sat ununsed for 5 months. But i left it as customs to show my point. that custom map servers just are not a good idea. they are harder to populate then etpro and i did give it a honest fair shot to finally put this debate to rest.
Once i have a moment (for sure a week from this weekend) i am going to sit down and do the revamp on the priv/pub etpro idea we have. Onslaught could you pm me that link for what was decided on? or pm me a reiteration on this?
we will have a priv server again that wil lhave etpro/etpub/bobots mods for members practice, scrims, matches, fun.... etc....

Download Post  No rating  
Apparition
IoW Supporter
528 Points

Canada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Perhaps the server is difficult to populate because nobody uses them except for 1v1. I know both servers have gotten a lot of use in the past while from myself, and a few other iow members. Of course there's the fact that some people don't want to dl maps, however I know for one server it downloads a couple maps epic uploaded via etmain instead of http. He used the wrong ftp, but I don't think the other ftp for the priv server works for him either.

Maybe if people idled on the server an hour a night.. so it actually shows the server is being used, I might be willing to dedicate a computer for that. One might also move clan practices(assuming we have them aside from twl strats/practice) it is an etpro server after all. I really don't think playing a couple nights a week for an hour or two is going to give away all your secret skills to passers by. We could get some of our regular pubbers and etpub iow players on the pro. I'm sure there's an argument against going on an empty pro server, but idling and going to watch tv is different than waitin at your computer for someone to logon. I'm sure all of this has been presented before as well.. but, might as well.

I go to the pro server to practice, mostly in 1v1 settings to get my skills up, hence I won't be playin pub for a long time, unless i'm needed to come on and mute some asshole with a big mouth Smile..
Feel free to xfire or msn me or even pm me on the forums anytime if you wan to 1v1.

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102912 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

members did and would go idle on the custom pub server. the downloads would work fine. i know becuase i set it up myself. for 3-4 months beck pushed to get it populated, and a fwe others would stop on it, myself included. but it was never a popular idea. we see the same issue on the etpro server. a majority ofpeople want stock maps, or common maps that most people have, such as frostbite.

Download Post  No rating  
Nilla
IOW Anger Managment
1037 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Change it to limited lives and I will be there 24/7. A full limited lives server pwns the world. An empty one...not so much...

ICE

Download Post  No rating  
Karnivore
IoW Fanboy
974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Limited lives ftl.

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Karnivore wrote: › Limited lives ftl.

v51

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Hobbs_Duke
IoW Supporter
2722 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I recently Dloaded ET on another computer for a friend of mine and the stock Maps were in 2 campains
1. Oasis, Gold Rush, Sewall battery
2. Radar, Fuel Dump, Rail gun

also when I got the ET DLoad I also couldn't play because of the ET version we have. most people can't sign in because ET versions are incompatible. so if we really want more people playing we have to go to the stock ET version. not just the maps.

I myself think limited lives is kinda cheap but I see the reason behind it...I think.

and last thing is I myself prefer a Core ET version game (NO MODS in english). if anything tho Bobots so people will at least see it on the server list.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic