Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Joystick/Gamepad

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:02 am   Post subject:  Joystick/Gamepad Back to top 

I'm trying to get my brother to play ET. He says he will onyl play if I can get a controller working for it. I have one similar to the xbox for the pc but it doesnt look like ET supports gamepads...

Is there a way to get a gamepad working? Possibly a third party program or some binding?

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

dude, a controller/gamepad/stick/whatever would totally suck. slap him up a bit and tell him mouse and WASD is the only way to go. plus i dont think you can do it anyways Confused

Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › dude, a controller/gamepad/stick/whatever would totally suck. slap him up a bit and tell him mouse and WASD is the only way to go. plus i dont think you can do it anyways Confused

You can only get a controller istead of keyboard but you will still need mouse.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Quazi wrote: ›
Whoracle wrote: › dude, a controller/gamepad/stick/whatever would totally suck. slap him up a bit and tell him mouse and WASD is the only way to go. plus i dont think you can do it anyways Confused

You can only get a controller istead of keyboard but you will still need mouse.

Sweet - then all you need is three hands! WOO!

A buddy of mine said he read an article about the Wiimote - that someone already figured out how to get it to work on the PC. Not to say I'd use anything other then WASD and mouse - man, you can't shoot for shit using an analog stick for aiming (at least I can't). I played RTCW with my bro-in-law on X-Box and looked like a chump trying to run around the map.... Rolling Eyes Of course, I look like a chump in ET too, so not much of a difference there. LOL. ( <--- just beating you all to the sarcastic reply -- you see, I'm fast on the fly like that!)

So I say, let your brother figure it out (hope he does) and we can piss him off by literally running circles around him shooting him with a single pistol while he fumbles with the analog stick to shoot back. Sounds like fun! Twisted Evil Laughing

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

if we are going to make obscure hardware work on ET, i want to make the old nintendo light guns work!

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort wrote: › if we are going to make obscure hardware work on ET, i want to make the old nintendo light guns work!

Oh hells yeah - now you're talking. We can fire up the powerpad too while we're at it - and use that Robot guy from Gyromite too! Don't forget the kick-ass power glove!

Nobody say Nintendo didn't revolutionize gaming in the 1980's, cause Sega didn't come out with any of that shit!

So you use the powerpad for movement - the gun for aiming and shooting, and the glove for non-shooting actions, like revives or building objectives (we need a Nintendo wrench now). And the robot...to...err....IDK, but we gotta work it in there somehow.

IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well Beck, if you ever find a way to use the PowerGlove and the Nintendo "Zapper", you tell me; because I'm already equipped, as you can cleary see Rolling Eyes

Below: Does that piece connect to the PowerPad? (which I don't have) but it looks like it might below to it.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL, damn whore you are ready to go! and as for what you use the robot for, simple, its a BOT. If we got all three of those items (glove, gun, pad) working in conjunction with ET on the computer, we could market our idea and be rich! as well as uber leet.

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › Well Beck, if you ever find a way to use the PowerGlove and the Nintendo "Zapper", you tell me; because I'm already equipped, as you can cleary see Rolling Eyes

Below: Does that piece connect to the PowerPad? (which I don't have) but it looks like it might below to it.

Sweet - nice pics man! You look like you're ready to hit off 65% acc and 100 frags! Is that a recent pic? Tell me that you just took it to show off your hardware!

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nort wrote: › LOL, damn whore you are ready to go! and as for what you use the robot for, simple, its a BOT. If we got all three of those items (glove, gun, pad) working in conjunction with ET on the computer, we could market our idea and be rich! as well as uber leet.

One of my co-workers tinkers with hardware - and set up a buzzer system that connected through circuit boads to the PC via USB, so we could do an office trivia game. So, I'm sure he could probably come up with a way to capture the signals from all of these devices, route them into some circuits and into a USB port of the computer. Mapping those commands to ET movements, probably not so easy - but maybe some sort of emulator on the keyboard buttons and mouse clicks/movement.

--- that Beck, what a geez, he's actually thinking about HOW to do it <--

IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote: › Is that a recent pic? Tell me that you just took it to show off your hardware!

Sure as hell did. Or wait, did you want to hear "Oh no, it's old. It's been my desktop background forever."? But yeah, they're fresh.

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

if he does that, hopefully he gives us a small share in his company, since it was our idea to begin with Wink

Hold foot on front of pad, move forward, foot on right/left you keep moving right/left until foot is off. lean by using the diagonals. etc...
use glove in junction with gun for crosshair movement and firing. change weapons and classes using glove, or if possible mapping signals to the finger receptors!

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

/bind middlefinger kill Cool

It's been forever since I used the Glove. The only game I have that uses it is Super Glove Ball, and it was absolute crap. I've got 3 games that use the PowerPad, but I don't have the pad Crying or Very sad I bought a box (at a garage sale, 8 ish years ago) full of Nintendo shit -- NES, SNES, 8ish NES games, 3 SNES games, PowerGlove, Zapper, and powerpad hardware for 30 bucks. so if i can find a fool to sell the power pad for cheap, we are in business. And I'm nearly serious

Twisted Evil

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL --- I'm halfway intrigued myself to see if it will work.

Let me shoot the guy an e-mail and see what he says. Then I can post it here for you to read. Laughing

El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

EBAY ftw whore!
if we got this working i would be gobbling old nintendo shyte on ebay like non other!

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic