Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,349 Exploit Attempts.

Aliasing....a time and a place

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36465 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Whoracle wrote: › again, i use HOTEL CORAL ESSEX whenever there is more than 4 iow members on. i myself have been known to not enter other servers simply because they are clan dominated, so i believe that it is a very worthy cause. thats even coming from me, no im not the BESTEST shot, but players who have "worse" shots, but still know the game well will be intimidated at entering a server with 22 slots, in which 8 slots are filled by members...

o ya, new alias Wink , La Tuya CABRON, to piss off the mexicans. special thanks to JayD and lildyno for that one, mostly JayD.

o another thought. ice, when i was just a guest on the IoW server, i thought the constant aliasing was retarded too. but as soon as you can do !listplayers, didnt mind so much.

someone give ice lvl one Rolling Eyes

LOL, I had forgotten about that name. Razz You gonna keep using it? I thought you were only gonna use it that one night we went to raid the mexican servers. Oh well, still a cool name. My mexican name should be...."La Mia? FUCK YOU! It's la tuya...CABRON!"

Get Stevo to translate that for ya. Wink
-Jayd

Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:20 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Mine? Fuck you,yours....fucker!!! La tuya refers to your mother.

All the reasons for using aliases have been given all ready.

We have given Ice lvl 1 numerous times b4,somehow it always gets reset to LVL 0,even b4 we've been having problems with the admin levels. As soon as they get fixed I have no problem with setting it bak up.

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I run full tags and <IoW> BECK 95% of the time because I'm an admin and I want people to know that the server is being monitored. Even if dominated by IOW mems, most of them go undercover.

If I'm specing someone who suspects they're being speced, I might use one of my 10 aliases...

IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ice has a good point, and as far as you admins expecting people to listen to you when they have no idea who you are... think on that on a little...

get a name, play on it, dont change it, and really its not needed for admining the server, if someone sees a IOW on and alot of the time their are... he aint going to screw around...

and if you dont want a ton of IOW to be seen, remove the tag? so top of my head instead of <IoW>Beck be beck... a *new* pub wont know your in the clan, and those of use who are on alot will know who you are. etc etc... their ya go ice's and norts ideas in one...

@ice, ever since i've come on the internet ive been matt5 or matt5334 in everything down to my e-mails and screennames..., I change my name when interacting with people, thats all, and i think allmost everyone knows im matt5 on that anyway... im not doing it for any reason other then i was asked to make my name that lol...
So ya some kinda puff name, might be me if im playing bad, its not...

Download Post  No rating  
Karnivore
IoW Fanboy
974 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I respect your guys's opinions but i feel i have every right to play under what ever name i wish. Its not a rep to me, i don't care nor will i ever care what other people think about me, treat me kindly i will treat you kindly.. treat me like crap, i treat you like crap.

Matt, you say that if an admin is on all the time then people wont screw around.. what happens when we arent on? We need to watch from a different perspective to see what someone is actually like, not just the ass kissing IoW fan that we see. I feel aliasing is correct to do under most circumstances.

Download Post  No rating  
StEVoNuB420
Retired
Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

K,obv u missed the point in those posts Matt. We know that if people see someone with IoW tags,they arent gonna act up,but that's what we want. We want to see how people act towards pubs when there is no IoW on. Therefore our goal is keeping the server asshole free. Wink

General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Presence of IOW tag wearing members has never stopped hack bitches in the past, so that's not really a valid argument. I wish that hackers would cower in fear at the site of an <IoW> tag on a player, but we all know that's not true.

IoW Supporter
372 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ya nort was on and tags and all and a guy came right in, wall and aim bot hacked... told nort off, was banned, came back 10 min later...

and like i said, <IoW>Name to Name... if someone says their is a prob and you see the person on, by all means change your name but...

as beck said... its not stoped them... so im proving my point wrong lol... but thats fine... was a dumb point lol now that i think of it...
anywho like nilla said though i dont see the need for so much under cover work... unless you been told of a prob and you see the dude online

Download Post  No rating  
DigitalEdge
Noob
38 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

if im an alias im usually too lazy to change it back to IoW tags.. dont have binds for it anymore and im too lazy to rebind it

Download Post  No rating  
Nort
El Presidente
El Presidente
102938 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

the undercover work is cuase when peeps like noober nort is around you all act so nice and pretty, on top of all the PM spamming i get from peeps with a billion questions, some days when im on in full name i get so many pm's i have to sit out on spect answering them all. And no i will never do a /ignore so dont suggest it.
but as i have seen when me and others not around then some of the players are totally different as they feel they dont have to worry about a good ol !ban. Knowing that we could be on watchign at any time, clan tagged named and what not detours some of you regs from treating the new players like crap. I have seen people try to vote kick them, just becuase they built east, i have seen people mute them because they asked questions. truthfull if it was up to me entirely, I would pull the vote kicks and vote mutes and all other voting options as some people do abuse them. specially next map, i hate repeated calls for next map, if it didnt pass the 1st or 2nd time, i dont think next map needs to be called another 4-5 times tryign to get people to just press f1 to shtu someone up.

Download Post  No rating  
pubstars
IoW Supporter
1361 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Meh Im aliased because I don't want to be judged on the server. Really no one knows who I am right now and probably won't find out. Krayz may make an appearance every once in a while but I'll be using my aliases. You guys could find out who I am but Im not telling you how Wink

1037 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Is there something wrong with just dropping the tags off of your name? I dunno.....but seems like a good solution to me. Voting is pretty retarded. Only time I vote is when my my death was the direct result of what would have been a multiple TK on the other team. AKA panzered in group of opponent players.....airstuck in the middle of oppenents team...ect. Turning it off would solve a few probs but then Matt would have something else to bitch about. Nort has the server set up just fine. FFS leave it alone.

Ice

Download Post  No rating  
pubstars
IoW Supporter
1361 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nilla wrote: › Is there something wrong with just dropping the tags off of your name?

Ice

I would if I was still in the clan Smile

1037 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

krayz wrote: ›
Nilla wrote: › Is there something wrong with just dropping the tags off of your name?

Ice

I would if I was still in the clan Smile

Wouldn't this make it even easier!!!

Ice

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

funny that shell hasnt said anything, and "apparently" he's the biggest aliaser of us all Wink

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic