Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,355 Exploit Attempts.

VOTE! New map for the NEW YEAR!

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: 2008 New Year Map

ET Beach
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
TC Base
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Baserace
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
D.) None of the above - fill in the blank with your suggestion
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 23

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 am   Post subject:  VOTE! New map for the NEW YEAR! Back to top 

Ok - we're gonna leave SD2 since it seems to be going very well and is overall al good and fun map (even though allies probably have a 95% win rate), that is to be expected as technically it is a SW map.

Now to get rid of Frostbite (cause frankly, it bites) with something new:

For more information:

et_beach

tc_base

baserace b3

Since we're down to the nitty gritty, I suppose we could take suggestions for other maps that we don't already have on the server and in the .pk3 files you all already have.

Some promising additional customs (based on popularity rating):

X-Dam Complex Never played it, that I know of but it has an 88% rating and a lot of games under it's belt.

Normandy Beach Invasion : 87% approval with almost 10000 plays

Reactor : TWL map - 87% approval on 180,000 plays

just a few to think about. I would love Temple (my favorite) but it is a big confusing map for noobs, and probably a large download. Plus, people bitch it's just a snipe fest (so what?).

IoW Regular
1711 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

about baserace it use to be in the rotation alot of people bitched about it or it got skipped just something to think about.

General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah I know, too bad. I love that map, its like no other and technically both teams have the same opportunity to win. The map doesn't favor either side. What decides it is the better team, truely. This can certainly be exponential if one team is stacked. Many times, the good team would have almost their entire base built and the other team maybe one or two objectives, and that is all. So yes, it sucks. The likelihood that that map will end up on the server is slim to none, unless we really really get a good campaign of support behind it. Reason it's an option - it's already there on the server and in the rotation. A ref can load it anytime Cool.

IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

IMHO anything involving a beach and ET, sucks.

Base is okay, but isn't that one usually pretty quick as well?

If you like a long playing map that reasonably even teams would have fun playing, then Baserace is the map to play. Even if it's stacked it still takes 14-15 minutes to finish the base because people must run the boxes.

You guys aren't afraid of using the pause, so the uneven teams can be fixed.

It wouldn't be bad to have it on for one month anyway.

J

Download Post  No rating  
Plan9
IoW Regular
12129 Points

USSR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Just for the sake of repeating myself:

May I suggest Special Delivery or Adlernest?

IMO both maps are just as playable if it's 3v3 as if it's 9v9.

I can picture some intense fights in the control room for the door switch on SD, although it might be hard for allies to get the forward spawn if the server is near full. Another drawback is our shortened spawntime means it's easier for the Axis to defend the switch. Maybe setting the timer to 30 minutes would compensate for both of those.

Adlernest might be more suited for the Pub. Both Axis & Allies have about the same distance to go to get to the door controls which are placed in a near perfect room for good fights. Once Allies blow the controls and get the CP up, I'd say the Axis' job of defending the docs is about the same as on Frostbite. This is weighed up for by the Axis spawn being closer to the docs than the Allies'.

Another map I wouldn't mind seeing is Beerrun. (The version where the Allies secure the forward spawn by blowing both doors). Excellent map for Covert Ops using something else than sniper rifles, but again maybe too easy to defend for a 9 person strong Axis team.

-P9

But please... no Baserace... Can't stand it! Rolling Eyes

IoW Fanboy
14159 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've played pretty much all the maps and I like them all cuz its all just killing each other. Any is fine with me.

Retired
Retired
31257 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i vote for adlernest

Download Post  No rating  
Quizzle
Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My vote goes to ET Beach. It's fairly easy to catch on and it's a hell'va lot of fun to play. Course most people are going to be lost looking for the objective again. But it really isn't that difficult to find... too bad we can't give everyone a 10 second walkthru demo before each map ;]

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
HEROINMAN
Retired
Retired
18529 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

*starts chanting ADLERNEST*

General of the Army
General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thing about most of these maps, they're not hard to figure out if you just go into limbo and read the objectives and look at the map.

A link to Aldernest on SL would be nice.....hint hint.

IoW Regular
12129 Points

USSR
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

BECK wrote: › A link to Aldernest on SL would be nice.....hint hint.

Ask & ye shall receive: Adlernest Final

-P9

General of the Army
General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Brilliant Plan Thumbs Up

I remember that one now, that is a pretty good map.

Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Only me wants TC Base ? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Download Post  No rating  
HalfBaked
Retired
Retired
108 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I like beach and base. Both are maps from Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Hmm tough choice.

Download Post  No rating  
Hobbs_Duke
IoW Supporter
2722 Points

USA US New Hampshire
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

they are all good maps but I've yet to find one that can overcome the teamwork victory yet still shooty like glider. I've seen it on several large servers (Like Gamespy, Who's Gaming, PX, etc.) and everyone keeps trying to vote it in. how does that sound?

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic