Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,355 Exploit Attempts.

Vote for November Custom Map Now!

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Poll :: The November custom map should be....

Frostbite
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
et_beach
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
tc_base
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
baserace b3
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 25

BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:03 am   Post subject:  Vote for November Custom Map Now! Back to top 

OK, October will be over before you know it, and Supply Depot 2 will be replaced by another custom map.

This is the official voting thread for that map. I have already added a number of them from previous threads to the rotations you've already downloaded, and made the maps available on the server and HTTP site.

So, all we have to do is pick a map.

I think the customs are working out well. See no decline in visitors, and so far haven't got any complaints about them. So lets keep it going, keep our server fresh and different.

For more information:

Frostbite

et_beach

tc_base

baserace b3

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Frostbite. Small download time and heavy action. Baserace is beat to death. Med whoring junkie fest only. Seriously, trust me I know. Build the spawn maxed, then the med shack and if you do that first, you win.

Frostbite is 10x better than Baserace as far as classes go.

J

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:20 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

A few years ago, we had baserace on our server. I love the map personally, not saying what Nervous said isn't true. Certainly, it's a map that can annoy a lot of people. But it is very unique, and the only map that I know of (ok, except goldendunk) where both teams are exactly even, same advantages, disadvantages and objectives. So it really comes down to the best team, or most stacked, whatever. Very Happy. I think it's a really fun map myself.

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I play mostly med so I always loved the map, I just don't think many folks around here will like it, plus it's bigger.

You're right it's the most even at the start. However, evenly-matched teams has not been the strongpoint of IoW server as of late. Razz

J

Download Post  No rating  
Quazi
Retired
Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I want Supply still here ! =(

So tc_bace or frostbite, both are good maps.

Download Post  No rating  
LUDA
IoW Supporter
546 Points

USA US Missouri
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

we can't keep supply depot and add one custom? - or alternate - 2 seperate 7 map sets - each with 1 custom in them?

Retired
52130 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah I also like S Depot alot.

Retired
16243 Points

Poland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah we can keep SD and add 1 more map so it will be 8 map rotation. I think everyone likes Supply !

Download Post  No rating  
BECK
General of the Army
General of the Army
279871 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok, maybe we'll keep it in there, since there seems to be interest. But I'd still like to add one more.

Download Post  No rating  
Nervous
IoW Regular
8082 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

As we said before, customs aren't the problem as long as they are established ones. The problems really only arise when someone hasn't been on in a few days, connects and has to wait for an 18 MB map (or 5 of them) to load.

Keep the maps small and well-known and I don't think it would run anyone off.

I like stocks because the areas are well known so it comes to strategy and shots instead of knowing the map better than anyone else. However, once every 3-6 maps is not bad for a good/small custom.

Good job guys.

J

Download Post  No rating  
Fuzzy Burrito
IoW Fanboy
9964 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Frostbite - but some of you better allow the possibility for you to become more open minded about trick-jumping. If everyone will still get their panties in a bunch if someone trick-jumps over the side wall, than don't dare put this map in the rotation.

Retired
Retired
20692 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I say drop SD until it comes around for it's turn again. I would love to have 2 customs but look at it from this point of view. People are impatient and the "brand new" people who come to our server will not only have to download one map, but now two maps. I'm just assuming that most people would download that first map then say fuck it to the second one. So I say throw SD out of rotation and lets only have one custom a month.

My vote goes to ETBeach.

EDIT: Beck, whats the server downloads set to? Download as needed (E.G. Just finished playing Goldrush but Supply Depot is next, has the user already downloaded it or is he about to download it) or do all downloads need to be downloaded before you can connect?

I´m so.... Quizzled.
Download Post  No rating  
HEROINMAN
Retired
Retired
18529 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I chose outta these but how bout adlernest in the next vote plz it's one of my favorites Very Happy

Brigadier General
Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Why not insert both rotations, one with SD, the other with whatever else we pick, and then have the rotations alternate, so you only have one custom per rotation, and it's different, actually, we could do that with like 4 customs. Would any newbies to the server have to download them all at once this way? or at the beginning of the rotation? Just an idea.

sum1else out.

Download Post  No rating  
LUDA
IoW Supporter
546 Points

USA US Missouri
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

point of order - the majority of the ppl on our server aren't new - nor new to our server - we have a lot of regs that enjoy the maps and trying out new competitve maps is a great way to keep their attention as well as expand their overall experience on our server - different maps bring different types of play out in ppl - a couple of these suggested maps (ice, base) require alot of teamwork to win

ice has a very long doc run with capturable spawn - imagine radar but harder to get to and twice as long to run

base has 2 dyno objectives each separated from axis spawn from an equal degree - common strategy is to sacrifice south and cover north due to it's many access and defense points (will be played similar to oasis)

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic