Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerXP Save 1 month!!!

#1: Note XP Save 1 month!!! Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:04 pm

That's right. After 18 years of our XP Save settings, we've decided to give longer XP save a shot. Admins discussed and figure its worth a shot and we've had some new regulars now and then on fridays, so might help to encourage more play.

So as of now, the server is running under a new name, and new XP Save settings:

<IoW>:XP Save:No Bots

Settings are currently to keep XP for 1 month. We can adjust as necessary. I've also updated the title as it should appear in the server list to more accurately advertise this.

#2:  Re: XP Save 1 month!!! Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:13 am

Look forward to trying it out and seeing if traffic improves. Thanks!

#3:   Author: HalfBak3d Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:08 pm

I've always preferred games when the players have low XP, however I do understand the reasoning for the changes.

#4:  Re: XP Save 1 month!!! Author: allagor Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 pm

#5:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:50 am

I also prefer when XP is reset every X maps like in the stock campaign mode of the game but nothing prevents individuals to reset their xp so this change should satisfy all kinds of ET players. and it's not like QT doesn't already have 1 million XP when I join on Fridays.

I feel like we've seen more people hang out on our game day lately. If this change can make them regulars then it's a win. We may want to make those people who stick for a few maps de facto level 1 if they're not already. After all that's all we can give them along with some sweet Nort whine and Gator spanking free of charge.

#6:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:51 pm

I personally don't mind starting at 0, doesn't take too long to build up skills. We can try it out, if we hate it not like we can't go back.

#7:   Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:28 pm

The old |px| days members would !resetxp every 10000 xp and guests could keep as long as they want. If guest don’t show after 2 weeks it would automatically reset.

#8:   Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:07 pm

I am looking forward to gaming this friday with my xp saved, not going to lie. Before people could still keep their xp if they logged in once every day or 2, but when we promote our games for fridays i feel that at minimum having xp save at least from friday to friday is fair so that those that show up every friday at rewarded.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerXP Save 1 month!!!

Generated using printer-friendly.