Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT Server<IoW> Server is MOVING

#1: Note <IoW> Server is MOVING Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Sorry for the sudden notice. I have known about this for months and we talked about possibly moving last summer but it never happened. Any way, got word that the transfer and everything is already on-going. We may be under a new IP address soon, I don't know what it will be yet but please watch this space.

Our iowclan.net will be updated, so you can do '/connect iowclan.net' in ET any way.

EDIT: Updated IP Address is now:
67.228.108.137:27960

Last edited by BECK on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 am

Sounds good. Thanks for keeping us posted on it!

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 am

JayD, you should show up on a Friday some time.

#4:  Re: <IoW> Server is MOVING Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:14 am

Who's JayD? Laughing

#5:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:34 pm

BECK wrote (View Post): › JayD, you should show up on a Friday some time.

sssshhhhhh

ontheqt wrote (View Post): › Who's JayD? Laughing

that's just rude. Neutral

#6:  Re: <IoW> Server is MOVING Author: Krocsyldiphithic Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

but will i keep my precious kill/death ratio?

#7:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Probably. The game files are all copied over.

#8:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:05 pm

Everything is working. I connected to new IP and had my levels and everything. Transition is not complete. For the time being, the server is password protected. Keep playing on the old server until further notice.

I put a banner on which will inform users of the IP change.

#9:  Re: <IoW> Server is MOVING Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:50 am

Guess I connected to the old server yesterday in that case. I just used connect /iowclan.net

#10:  Re: <IoW> Server is MOVING Author: gatorhead Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44 pm

getting prompted for a pw

#11:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm

yes, I don't want people playing on the new server yet, so we put a password on it. Please play on the current/old server Friday. The domain switch will be happening on Sunday. Expect downtime for the website and forums early next week. The password will be removed after the domain switch, and the current/old server will be modified to redirect users to the new IP.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT Server<IoW> Server is MOVING

Generated using printer-friendly.