Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatAll my shit just went default

#1:  All my shit just went default Author: |tjw|ORDER 66 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:00 pm

I just tried connecting to a server and it was full and redirected me to another server which fucked up my shit and put it to default. In the past this has happened the same way. I recently just reinstalled et but I guess I never deleted the folder because everything was the same like HUD and buttons and even my name. So I did not have to set any of that up but now this has just happened. I briefly tried getting into the directory and looking at etconfig and a hud file but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing obviously.

Does anyone now how to fix this?

Thank you

#2:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:17 pm

So when you say default you mean all of your controls are back to the default buttons?

Try going into whatever server you want and opening console and /exec etconfig.cfg

If you dont have an autoexec, you probably just joined a jaymod or nitmod server which wouldn't have moved over your saved settings from Silent.

#3:  Re: All my shit just went default Author: |tjw|ORDER 66 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Yes it was another mod which in the past has triggered this and I think that is what happened this time. Problem is when I go back to silent everything looks default. I tried closing ET and just going straight to as silent server but same thing. I just tried executing etconfig and it renamed me to ETPlayer and the mouse sensitivity was crazy fast. So I guess not everything was default just my name was gone and all visual stuff was default. Since I want to play right now I guess I am going to have to start adjusting all the stuff again. Who knows how long that took me in the past though.

Any idea how to save everything after I get it like I want it? So I can copy it if this ever happens again.

#4:  Re: All my shit just went default Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:00 pm

You should create a custom config file.

#5:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:44 pm

That sucks dude. I agree with qt though, you should create a custom cfg file so this doesn't happen in the future.

#6:   Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 pm

What qt and jayd said. Ive also have a copy of my cfg outside the computer. Just in case the computer goes on the fritz.

#7:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Had the same thing happen. It really sucks
Dont go to a random server
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatAll my shit just went default

Generated using printer-friendly.