Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerThanks, BECK >.>

#1:  Thanks, BECK >.> Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:30 pm

#2:   Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:43 am

Is that screen shot how you play? I don’t see right angles

#3:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Yeah, that's how I play.

#4:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:06 pm

Everything is all stretched out, how do you ever kill anybody

#5:  Re: Thanks, BECK >.> Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:14 pm

so you using fov 140 plus?
I have a 24" wide screen and when I log in I have to set resolution to 1920x1080 to make the viewing normal, but fov is 110.

#6:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:41 am

Sin wrote (View Post): › Everything is all stretched out, how do you ever kill anybody

You get used to it. It's honestly not that bad since it only gets really stretched out on the sides, and my peripheral vision is what's catching anything moving around on there, it's not like I'm focusing my gaze on those areas.

bearcat* wrote (View Post): › so you using fov 140 plus?
I have a 24" wide screen and when I log in I have to set resolution to 1920x1080 to make the viewing normal, but fov is 110.

Yeah, when my main monitor was a 1080p 24" widescreen like yours, I think I used either 105 or 110 for my FOV. It depended on how close the monitor was to my face.

But yes, I have my FOV set to 140° like 99% of the time. I had it set to 160° before (and I loved it) but when I moved into the new house, I placed my monitor farther away from my face than it was previously so I needed to "zoom in" to see things that were far away a bit better.

I also have a bind to switch to 90° on-the-fly if I feel the need to zoom in real quick for some reason.

You gotta remember though, I have a 34" curved ultrawide (2560x1080) so it really doesn't look all that weird with that high of an FOV....the curve helps quite a bit.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerThanks, BECK >.>

Generated using printer-friendly.