Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerIoW Teamspeak 3 Server End of Life Notification Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

#1: Note IoW Teamspeak 3 Server End of Life Notification Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:46 am

Just a fair warning - we will no longer continue paying for the TS3 server after it expires on Jun 11, 2018.

I think people are wanting to move to Discord, so I have removed auto-rebilling on the TS3 server. This is not a financial issue, we usually get generous donations from our members to cover the bills, but more of a desire to move to something else. I have never used Discord, but I hear it is really good and free.

So as of Jun 11, 2018 - the payment runs out on the current TS3 server and we'll be moving to something else. Exactly what that is is up to the community. I will not be able to set up anything or coordinate anything for this.

#2:  Re: IoW Teamspeak 3 Server End of Life Notification Author: Vitorcr Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:20 pm

I've heard good things of Discord too, but I only used it a few times a long time ago.

Probably would be a good idea to create a Discord server before June and see how it goes.

I enjoy talking to you guys, so I'm up to use anything that works for y'all.

#3:  Re: IoW Teamspeak 3 Server End of Life Notification Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 pm

If anyone would like to stay in touch with me, my Discord id is ontheqt #7673

#4:   Author: LiQuId Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:56 pm

I had previously set up a discord channel for IOW when TS was down, the link is : https://discord.gg/bcFyZH

feel free to use it or we can always create something new

#5:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Awww Sad

#6:   Author: Guest Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:18 am

Do you need an invite to join the discord channels or?

#7:   Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:52 am

LiQuId wrote (View Post): › I had previously set up a discord channel for IOW when TS was down, the link is : https://discord.gg/bcFyZH

I joined. I have also set up a discord channel called BeerMe for fun. The link is: https://discord.gg/qhzPHc

#8:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:48 pm

So I've seen some discussions about keeping the TS server. I've got a warning that it will expire in 5 days. If anyone wants to keep it (Liquid, I think we discussed this), please feel free to pay the outstanding bills. I think you can do that through the TS client, but I'm not sure. But my CC is no longer on record for auto-renewal, so it will expire in a few days. I can see what donation cash I have in Paypal and could also pay for a few months too if needed. Just let me know how to proceed.

#9:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:14 pm

This is the permanent IoW Discord link

https://discord.gg/6hRTR4y

If we decide to keep TS, thats fine. If not, use that link and hit me up on steam so I can set your permissions.

#10:   Author: HalfBak3d Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:22 pm

ontheqt wrote (View Post): ›
LiQuId wrote (View Post): › I had previously set up a discord channel for IOW when TS was down, the link is : https://discord.gg/bcFyZH

I joined. I have also set up a discord channel called BeerMe for fun. The link is: https://discord.gg/qhzPHc

I'd prefer to keep TS. I don't see the warning about expiration though when I login in to TS. I used to see it. Maybe I don't have the same permissions? I can pay for it or donate to cover it. I know Liquid would too.

#11:   Author: HalfBak3d Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Okay, picked it up for another 6 months.

#12:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:45 pm

I know I don't use TS anymore but you guys should just accept Discord. It's free, no more having to pay for voip, and its unlimited slots. Why pay when there is a free alternative that is arguably better anyway? Discord has much more potential than TS ever could have. It'd be like having a second forum basically with game tracking, twitch support, file sharing, and video chat.

Like I said, I don't really have a horse in this race but it seems kind of dumb to keep TS around when Discord is the future. It's a community hub more than just a voip. I think you guys should just accept the change and try to get used to it rather than wasting money on TS. Two Cents

#13:   Author: LiQuId Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:05 pm

My apologies everyone, I was out of town for the weekend and did not see this until now. Sorry baked I didn't mean for you to have to front the bill, I can pay you back, also Beck you can add my CC to the account so that it can auto renew if that's ok.

#14:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm

no worries. I wouldn't have expired for another 7 days.

@Sin
I understand your argument. I also don't really have a horse in the race because I haven't been using TS either lately. But I do know people asked to keep it, so if someone is willing to throw down a few bucks to keep it, no harm no foul.

#15:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:52 pm

As far as Im concerned, Im with Sin on this. Everything about Discord is just better. The fact that its free is a no brainer.

Our discord server will always be there when we make the switch. No rush
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerIoW Teamspeak 3 Server End of Life Notification Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.