Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerRequest: Increase the FOV limit on the server Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:

#16:   Author: NOITOM Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm

333 fps will give u far jumps, makes it feel like the gravity isn't completely on

#17:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Author: tAukima Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:12 pm

ontheqt wrote (View Post): › 140 FoV max

I really don't know about a FPS increase. Does that give players with a more powerful computer an edge? But whatever you do, I'll live with it.

140 fov is the max already, the point of this thread was to hopefully raise it to 160

#18:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

I really don't know about a FPS increase. Does that give players with a more powerful computer an edge? But whatever you do, I'll live with it.
Not an edge. Just a quality of life improvement if you have a monitor that can run at 144hz+.

#19:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:35 pm

tAukima wrote (View Post): ›

140 fov is the max already, the point of this thread was to hopefully raise it to 160

Sorry, I meant 160

#20:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:40 pm

I also remember trying 333 maxfps out on our server way back and just getting connection errors

#21:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm all for upping the values. I as never really sure why those were even limited as low as they are in the first place.

#22:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 pm

FOV was originally capped at 300-something until we pointed it out and then it got capped to 140 XD

#23:   Author: Dweeb Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:19 pm

the thing with the fps cap is there are effects on apparent recoil above 150...some testing we did a while back on our old server there seemed to be some definite no recoil benefits above 150 and above 200 recoil seemed to be almost non existant that was with both jaymod and silent...your mileage may vary...

#24:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm down for testing that.

#25:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm not familiar with the specifics in silEnT, but I suppose that could be a strange thing of the mod. I don't believe etPub had any benefits when we had it before. Was that with all weapons or just with large recoil weapons like snipers? I don't particularly want the playing field leveled since I'm used to absorbing the normal amount of recoil with my hand.

#26:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Well we can set it to 144 and test for any fuckery then.

#27:  Re: Request: Increase the FOV limit on the server Author: XpLo Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:44 pm

my monitor goes to 240hz. Go to 240 fps!
joking. 144 seems fine. 125 is fine with me tbh. theres not gonna be any real visual difference from 125 to 144. Not like there is from 60 to 125.

And the 333 fps. You can set your fps to that on my tj server and its broken. It shouldn't be allowed on an obj server lol.
You can jump really far although your jump speed is reduced I think..?

Last edited by XpLo on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

#28:   Author: Dweeb Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 pm

sum1else wrote (View Post): ›
I'm not familiar with the specifics in silEnT, but I suppose that could be a strange thing of the mod. I don't believe etPub had any benefits when we had it before. Was that with all weapons or just with large recoil weapons like snipers? I don't particularly want the playing field leveled since I'm used to absorbing the normal amount of recoil with my hand.

with smgs it was more noticeable than with sniper weps..we were pretty sure it was client side effect tho teets did notice from spec I seemed pretty much like I was no recoil cheating at 333 and from a personal viewpoint felt more like I was playing on a lan server than my usual 200+ ping spray and pray

#29:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:35 pm

So are we getting these new settings for tonight's games? We already have 5v5s going on XD

#30:   Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Ffing tweakers, I see I'll fall further behind running my stock setting.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerRequest: Increase the FOV limit on the server Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.