Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatMy ET Died

#1:  My ET Died Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm getting:

...created window@0,0 (806x629)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...215 PFDs found
...hardware acceleration found
...PIXELFORMAT 32 selected
...creating GL context: succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
...WARNING: fullscreen unavailable in this mode
...setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...calling CDS: failed, bad mode
...trying next higher resolution: failed, bad mode
...restoring display settings
...window already present, CreateWindowEx skipped
Initializing OpenGL driver
...WARNING: fullscreen unavailable in this mode
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I tried updating my graphic card drivers. That didn't help. I use Windows 10. I'm at a loss.

#2:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Were you messing around in your config with the resolution?

#3:   Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Sin wrote (View Post): › Were you messing around in your config with the resolution?

My config does have a resolution setting. However, I haven't changed my config for well over a year.

#4:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 pm

What's changed in your PC since you last launched ET successfully? Maybe a Windows update? Did you recently get the Windows 10 Creators Update?

#5:   Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Jayd wrote (View Post): › What's changed in your PC since you last launched ET successfully? Maybe a Windows update? Did you recently get the Windows 10 Creators Update?

I ran ET last night. It is possible that an auto update of some sort occurred. However, when I started my computer there was no sign that an update had happened. Something changed but nothing I planned or observed.

#6:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Check your update history to confirm. You can also check the event viewer for other possible changes.

#7:   Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Jayd wrote (View Post): › Check your update history to confirm. You can also check the event viewer for other possible changes.

Maybe this?

UserData

- CbsPackageChangeState

PackageIdentifier KB3150513

IntendedPackageState Installed

ErrorCode 0x0

Client WindowsUpdateAgent

#8:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:26 pm

That might be it, yeah. Uninstall the update (KB3150513) and see if that fixes it.

#9:   Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Jayd wrote (View Post): › That might be it, yeah. Uninstall the update (KB3150513) and see if that fixes it.

Not certain how to do that.

#10:  Re: My ET Died Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Never mind - I figured out the uninstall

#11:   Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:50 pm

ontheqt wrote (View Post): ›
Jayd wrote (View Post): › Check your update history to confirm. You can also check the event viewer for other possible changes.

Maybe this?

UserData

- CbsPackageChangeState

PackageIdentifier KB3150513

IntendedPackageState Installed

ErrorCode 0x0

Client WindowsUpdateAgent

This minor Windows update was the problem. I uninstalled it and rebooted my computer - then ET worked. Hooray!

Thanks JayD! Thank you too Sin for your input.

#12:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 17, 2017 10:51 pm

Sweet! Glad I could help. Smile
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatMy ET Died

Generated using printer-friendly.