Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarGeneral ChatSpring cleaning

#1:  Spring cleaning Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 am

I was cleaning my old office when I found a couple of PC part that I will give to anyone willing to pay for shipping.

Granted these are old but I thought I should ask here first in case someone has a project going on...

So I have a EVGA GTX 460 768MB

and a Athlon ii x3 450 + MSI NF750-G55 motherboard

Let me know if this is of any interest to you

#2:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:21 am

Sir how much would it be to send me the video card?

#3:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:15 am

I tried with a random San Diego zip code and it was $7.15 so it's going to be along those lines.

#4:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:35 am

Alright I just have to figure out a way to pay you for it.

#5:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 am

Can you give me your zip code?

#6:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:22 pm

#7:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Please send me your address via PM, I'll try to mail it tomorrow for a delivery early next week.

Can I safely assume you have everything to make it work? in particular the 2x6 pin for power and 450W-ish power supply. I'm afraid I threw away my molex to 6-pin converter long time ago unfortunately but your power supply may have what 2 6-pin already.

#8:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:24 pm

i honestly dont know what my computer has. Ill figure it out and let you know before you send it just in case.

#9:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Doesn't she already have that exact same video card?

#10:   Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Winnie I have ten dollars in my wallet but the exchange rate and the cost of sending you it, you'll still be short. :( lol

#11:   Author: allagor Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:15 am

http://www.iowclan.net/iow/viewtopic.php?t=6605

#12:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 am

thanks Allagor.

So yeah I didn't want to be questioning your decision Winnie, but the video card in your desktop is much much better than the one in this topic.

#13:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:25 am

Yes but my current video might be what is freezing my computer 15+ times a day. It is something i need to try to eliminate it as an option.

#14:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 pm

I'd say send her all 3 things. They're all a major downgrade to what she has currently but we need it so we can figure out which part in her PC is faulty.

#15:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:21 pm

What ever happened with this? The Ryzen 5 chips just came out today so I'm looking at getting her one (with a matching motherboard, of course) to fix her computer issue. But I won't buy her a new CPU/mobo until I know for sure that's what the problem is.

#16:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:31 pm

I haven't sent anything yet as I was waiting for her to confirm she has the necessary 2x6pin for the video card but that was last week. It's not a deal breaker in any case but I asked her that 10 days ago and was waiting for her to tell me but maybe I should not wait. I'll try to make a trip to USPS this week.

#17:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:34 pm

allagor linked you to V3nom's build thread for Winnie's PC. That should have confirmed the PSU had what it needed, no?

#18:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:28 pm

99% yes

#19:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Winnie received and swapped in the 460. Two freezes within 5 minutes. Confirmed that it's not the video card. Must be CPU or motherboard.

#20:  Re: Spring cleaning Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Wasn't the first thing I said that it sounded like a mobo? Why does nobody ever listen to me?

#21:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 pm

I still think it's the CPU, but hey at least we're down to a coin toss.
Instruments of WarGeneral ChatSpring cleaning

Generated using printer-friendly.