Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerServer Data Lost

#1: Note Server Data Lost Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:41 am

Due to unknown circumstances, the XP and User data for our game server have been lost/corrupted. At this point it is unknown whether this information can be recovered.

As of now, when you join the server, you will have 0 XP, 1.0 KR and all will need to be re-earned. I guess consider it a new start for a new year Razz ?

I will post on silent forums to see if there is any way to recover the data. I am also working with our hosting company to see if the data files can be regularly backed up in case something like this happens again.

I have tested and with a fresh database, everything seems to be working (remembering levels and XP).

For admins - you will need to login with RCON (and the same password is indeed working). Then do '/rcon setlevel XXXX Y' in the console to assign yourself the proper level.

All players will need !setlevel run on them to gain back server access and shrubbot commands.

#2:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

I just tested with the previous user database, and all seems well. I even had my XP for some reason :shrug:

So we may not actually have an issue here after all. Join up and see if you have your levels, greeting, PRW, KR etc....and even your XP?

My greeting isn't working for some reason, but no big deal.

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 am

Looks like the greeting is stored in the userxp.db file, which is the one corrupted. Everything else looks okay to me.

#4:  Re: Server Data Lost Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:02 am

I just joined. No greeting, but XP, K/D, PRW, and level seemed intact. There was a problem with spotty connection but that could easily be my internet or my computer.

#5:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:44 am

alright, so maybe we avoided complete data loss disaster here. Thanks for checking, QT.

#6:   Author: Anto* Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:13 pm

I connected too and I do have the greeting sound (the one for lvl 2). I also have the xp,pwr and k/d.

#7:  Re: Server Data Lost Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:52 pm

I just joined and made sure I had everything. Other than the greeting sound, that is. Last night before the server restarted, QT noticed that we didn't have our connect sounds, but everything else was intact. It probably happened two nights ago after the random server restart.

It looks like the level based greeting sounds are still working (which may be only level 2? unless Nort has his set at his level instead of on his user) but the user ones aren't, which I'm assuming means that the level based greeting sounds are stored elsewhere than the userxp.db file.

I'm glad that my XP is there, since I have like 5-6 months of XP that would have just been lost and I would probably have no chance of surpassing allagor's massive amount of XP.

#8:   Author: HalfBak3d Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 pm

BECK wrote (View Post): › Looks like the greeting is stored in the userxp.db file, which is the one corrupted. Everything else looks okay to me.

Does that mean Winnie's sound is gone???? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#9:  Re: Server Data Lost Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks Beck for addressing everything so quickly. 10 for 10

#10:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah, we really need to just remove Winnie's obnoxiously long connect sound now that her PC sucks ass again, or I guess just not give it back to her until she puts some pants on and buys a new PC. She lags out and rejoins the server 20 times a night and it gets annoying.

#11:  Re: Server Data Lost Author: Vitorcr Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Yeah, server was weird the last 2 days. I'm glad things are back to normal again.
Thanks Beck for the good work!

#12:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated on this BECK and thanks qt for reporting it. Glad to see not much was lost. Smile
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerServer Data Lost

Generated using printer-friendly.