Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET Chatdrawgun offset?

#1:  drawgun offset? Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:15 am

I've been playing with drawgun set to 0 for a long time but I still fuck up on a regular basis because what I expect in the heat of the moment is not always what it actually is (LET ME KILL YOU WITH THESE MEDIPACKS!!!!). So I'm curious if I can enable drawgun with an offset so that it's lower on the screen. Anyone familiar with the silEnT HUD editor enough to chime in?

#2:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 pm

Well I know you can make the gun thinner and translucent with cg_drawgun 6 so that might help out. allagor should be able to help you with the HUD editor.

#3:   Author: HalfBak3d Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 pm

!play jayd

#4:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:15 am

I haven't found anything about that yet and still have to play with the various drawgun values that silEnT implmented.

I thought I could mitigate this by adding the weaponbanks thingy in the hud but it's at the same spot as the TS overlay so it's useless in that case.

#5:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:57 am

update:

cg_gunx, cg_guny and cg_gunz would do that but these cvars are cheat protected. I'm not sure as I don't see what advantage can come from abusing these cvars but anyway....

#6:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:12 am

Fix it BECK Razz

EDIT: You're on Legacy, right? Because I know some cvars that are cheat-protected on vanilla that are not protected on Legacy (f.ex. "r_wolffog 0")

#7:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:42 am

We don't have that turned off. Even if we did, I think all the restricted CVARS are built into the mod now.
Edit: looks like Sir already asked them about it Smile

#8:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 pm

JayD it seems these are locked by silEnT

Beck, yep I resurrected an old thread on the silEnT forums to see if they could do something about it. they probably won't but eh

#9:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:35 pm

I suspect we've seen the last release of silEnT.

#10:   Author: allagor Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Although the silent hud editor can't modify your drawgun, it allows you to enable/disable, change size & drag around anything on it's list to wherever you want it. So you could position the weaponbanks or weapon card somewhere the ts overlay isn't at.

#11:  Re: drawgun offset? Author: Scopey Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 am

You can use something like this Sux:

Code: ›
set w1 "weaponbank 1; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w2; bind mwheeldown vstr w6"
set w2 "weaponbank 2; cg_drawGun 0; bind mwheelup vstr w3; bind mwheeldown vstr w1"
set w3 "weaponbank 3; cg_drawGun 0; bind mwheelup vstr w4; bind mwheeldown vstr w2"
set w4 "weaponbank 4; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w5; bind mwheeldown vstr w3"
set w5 "weaponbank 5; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w6; bind mwheeldown vstr w4"
set w6 "weaponbank 6; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"
set w7 "weaponbank 7; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"
set w8 "weaponbank 8; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"
set w9 "weaponbank 9; cg_drawGun 1; bind mwheelup vstr w1; bind mwheeldown vstr w5"

bind 1 "vstr w1"
bind 2 "vstr w2"
bind 3 "vstr w3"
bind 4 "vstr w4"
bind 5 "vstr w5"
bind 6 "vstr w6"
bind 7 "vstr w7"
bind 8 "vstr w8"
bind 9 "vstr w9"
vstr w3

It changes your drawgun depending on the weapon you choose

Been using it for years. Can fuck up if you do something like satchel and try and switch to main weapon before the animation finishes. I also don't use the mouse wheel to change weapons often (scrolling up when on weapon slot 6 will go back to slot 1).
Instruments of WarWolf ET Chatdrawgun offset?

Generated using printer-friendly.