Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatDemo Location

#1:  Demo Location Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Does anybody know how to change the location that Demos are recorded to? I think it's probably the same in Legacy as it is in the original ET, but if it's different, I would need the Legacy version.

I've done some research online, but the only things I can find are people saying where the default location is, but not how to change it, and I can't seem to find a cvar to change it.

I want to autorecord demos, but the current location is on my SSD, which is rather full, so I would rather it records somewhere else. I could set up a nightly job that moves them, but I would rather it just records to a different location in the first place.

#2:  Re: Demo Location Author: bearcat* Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:54 pm

This guy I know records maps using twitch tv.

#3:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:58 pm

I didn't know you could set it to somewhere else.... and I don't think you can natively either so the trick would be do put create a folder where you have space and create a symlink from your Legacy folder.

#4:  Re: Demo Location Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 pm

I could do that, but for now I just have a job that runs at like 4am once a week that moves all of the demos to another drive. I could always customize this later to categorize into folders by dates or maps or something.
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatDemo Location

Generated using printer-friendly.