Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarGeneral ChatMotown Monday Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:

#16:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:40 pm

#17:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:10 pm

#18:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 am

Different version of Smiling Faces.

And a bonus.

And another bonus.

#19:  Re: Motown Monday Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 am

#20:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:21 am

#21:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:48 am

#22:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 am

Get your week going with some Motown and The Isley Brothers!

#23:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 am

Debbie Dean was an American singer who was the first white solo artist to record for Motown. Enjoy and have a fun week!

#24:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:30 am

Tammi Terrell & Marvin Gaye

#25:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

#26:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 am

#27:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:40 am

I was on travel this past Monday so we are going to have a little Motown today to get things going right for ET tonight. This one is dedicated to all those off playing other games instead of ET.

#28:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:18 am

#29:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:59 am

Happy Motown Monday!

#30:  Re: Motown Monday Author: ontheqt Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm

I'll be busy tomorrow morning so posting this tonight. Time for some Motown history.

Q: Can you tell me who has "played on more number-one hits than the Beatles, Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones and the Beach Boys combined"?

A: The Funk Brothers

Don't know who they are? As noted on Wikipedia:

"The Funk Brothers were a group of Detroit-based session musicians who performed the backing to most Motown recordings from 1959 until the company moved to Los Angeles in 1972. They are considered one of the most successful groups of studio musicians in music history. The Funk Brothers played on Motown hits such as "My Girl", "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", "Baby Love", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours", "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone", "The Tears of a Clown", "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", and "Heat Wave".

The role of the Funk Brothers is described in Paul Justman's 2002 documentary film Standing in the Shadows of Motown, based on Allan Slutsky's book of the same name. The opening titles claim that the Funk Brothers have "played on more number-one hits than the Beatles, Elvis Presley, the Rolling Stones and the Beach Boys combined."

In 2008 surviving members recorded Live in Orlando, an album and video."

So listen to some Motown hits with a new perspective and a new appreciation for the musicians. It's Motown Monday, cheers!

Instruments of WarGeneral ChatMotown Monday Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.