Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatRemoving jaggies

#1:  Removing jaggies Author: allagor Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 am

ET looks so much nicer without the jaggies. To remove these jaggies, there are no options within ET, so you have to force it through your NVIDIA control panel (or AMD Catalyst Control Center, which is a similar process)

Spoilers: 
Right click on desktop & open it.

Select Manage 3D settings, then click on the Program Settings tab.
Either select ET from the dropdown list, or if it doesn't appear, click add, and browse to the directory.
Here you can finally force the antialiasing. Set Mode to override application settings. Setting, set to whatever you want (you want your fps first, but fuck the jaggies) I have mine set to the highest settings & still hold 125fps.

#2:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 1:27 am

Yeah on AMD's CCC, you go to Gaming > 3D Application Settings and from there it's pretty much the same thing:

You add a profile to the list and browse for ET.exe and then choose to override the application settings so you can set anti-aliasing as high as you want. This shouldn't really affect your framerate in ET since ET is mostly CPU-dependent and this is all done on your GPU.

Here's two sets of screenshots for comparison purposes:
http://imgur.com/a/5GUZD

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 am

I'll give it a whirl tonight!

#4:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 pm

So we've been playing with jaggies this whole fucking time??!?

#5:   Author: allagor Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Yup

#6:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I did and honestly don't even notice a difference

#7:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 6:02 pm

You're either
a) not looking hard enough
b) used to it
c) doing it wrong

#8:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 6:32 pm

None of the above, just doesn't look different at all.

#9:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 10:28 pm

no difference for me either

!play lies

#10:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 10:29 pm

guess I'll have to actually look for the jaggs. Never really bothered me before though....

#11:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 27, 2015 11:26 pm

You two should consider yourselves lucky then. To people like allagor and me, that shit just bothers us to no end.

#12:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Thu May 28, 2015 7:43 am

Yeah I never noticed that shit before you pointed it out, changed my settings and they are smoothed out now. FUCK THE JAGGIES ( feels like I should be saying 'mate' after saying jaggies )
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatRemoving jaggies

Generated using printer-friendly.