Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatRailgun Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

#1:  Railgun Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:31 pm

OK guys i need help i get kicked from the iow server everytime the map railgun is on. This is the message that pops up when i get kicked.

This only happens on this map. I do not have this issue anywhere else on the IOW server. It also only happens when i press the Limbo key to join a team. If i sit spec i am fine. Thanks in advance if anyone knows what the fuck is going on.

#2:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Have you been fiddling with your config again Winnie?

#3:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 pm

No i have not touched my config

#4:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

are you able to reconnect and then play railgun? If you press limbo on other maps you're okay?

railgun is a stock map, I wonder if there is something else going on. Might need to go into your etmain folder and delete custom PK3 files. There might be some custom map or something else you have that is overwriting something that railgun needs. That would be my guess, that is usually what happens when we have maps that crash the server.

#5:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:14 pm

It is only railgun it happens on beck. I tried 3 or 4 times yesterday and today to play the map but after i connected and hit the limbo kick i would get kicked. I also tried more then one day in a row before i brought the issue up. I can't remeber for sure but if im on a team when the map is voted I can play it but im not 100% sure on that. Ill test it out and get back to you on that one.

#6:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Ok guys it looks like if im already on a team i dont get kicked. It only happens if i press limbo weither im spec or not.

#7:  Re: Railgun Author: MikeSlayer Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 am

Reinstall et will solve it save your etkey and cfg before you do.

do a complete fresh install by deleting the wolf folder once you have uninstalled it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you dont want to reinstall then you could try to replace this file in the etmain folder from another fresh PATCHED et installation or from a friend whos et runs correctly

pak0.pk3

I would also delete any TMP files in etmain and silent folders and as BECK suggested remove any new custom pk.3 files you may have downloaded recently

#8:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:32 am

Winnie if you're up to trying what MikeSlayer is suggesting, go ahead and text me and I'll help you out once I get home.

#9:   Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Ill let you know jayd i still have to put my new less of a cluster fuck confug in anyway so will see

#10:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:41 pm

save your silent.dat file. That is your silent ID.

#11:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah we've had to reinstall ET on her old laptop quite a number of times, she knows what to save by now lol

#12:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm

You should create a batch file that copies things in/out Smile

#13:  Re: Railgun Author: ex6tence Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:09 pm

I wish my computer had that problem, that sounds alot easier than bringing down the console and typeing /quit

#14:  Re: Railgun Author: Winnie Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:03 pm

I do not remember anything that actually happened when i dl it many times that week

#15:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:03 pm

lol what problem does your ET install have ex6tence?

It's no biggie Winnie, I'll make sure to back up the files you need before we wipe out that folder.
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatRailgun Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.