Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerCAN'T CONNECT TO <IOW> SERVER. HELP!!!!

#1:  CAN'T CONNECT TO <IOW> SERVER. HELP!!!! Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 am

Hey all, I can't seem to get on the server, I'm getting the following message which I have never seen before in my past with W:ET. The message reads as follows:

"Game Code (ui_mp_x86.dll) failed Pure Server check"

I don't know how to fix it, any help would be much appreciated. A few extra details, I downloaded all the required downloads upon trying to connect to the <IoW> IP (50.23.91.144:27960 Correct?) It goes through a 1-3 second count in "awaiting gamestate..." and then proceeds to disconnect me to the above message. If I need to go into the files on the computer to change something, Windows 8 OS user-friendly instructions would also be appreciated as I just got this computer the other day and I must admit, Windows 8 is hard to adapt to from Vista ahahaha.

Thanks all!!!
-Cheeseduck/Colby

#2:   Author: allagor Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 am

Have you tried running ET as an administrator yet?

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:24 am

Yes, running as admin is a must! Files will need to download to"program files (x86)", which requires UAC elevation.

#4:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:39 am

fixed, thanks guys!!

#5:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:11 pm

easy fix would be to move your "Enemy Territory" folder outside of the "program files" folder.

no need to run as admin then..

i keep my ET folder right on the c drive
c:\et\et.exe <--- woot
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerCAN'T CONNECT TO <IOW> SERVER. HELP!!!!

Generated using printer-friendly.