Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerIoW's Teamspeak 3 Server Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

#1: Note IoW's Teamspeak 3 Server Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm

We have a new Teamspeak 3 server:

iow.teamspeak3.com

I had to upgrade to the latest version of TS3.

Last edited by BECK on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:11 am

neat!

any particular reason? did jvi stop hosting?

#3:   Author: DarkJester59 Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:14 am

Just upgrading to the new model of terminator...T3 duhh

#4:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 am

Well, I guess I shot from the hip here. JvIs server was down, and people were literally clamoring for a TS host last night. Since JvI is busy in RL, told me he was thinking of moving in with his dad who basically has dial-up, so I was thinking maybe he went offline. But who knows, might be back up today and I just wasted $7. At any rate, we have it and I will use it since I paid for it Laughing

#5:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:35 pm

I think its better to host our own so we don't have to rely on JVI.

#6:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:00 pm

yeah is a good move any way we look at it. a dedicated server is better than a rack sitting at home in the closet.. imho..

#7:   Author: miller Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm

meh, I never had connection issues with JvI's server. It frees him up a bit though so he doesn't have to worry about his connection speed as much.

#8:   Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:51 am

now i have to remember to set up the new connection..can i get admin rights on the new server? i want to be able to mute myself!

#9:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 am

of course, but I think people have to be on for me to grant admin rights.

#10:  Re: IoW's Teamspeak 3 Server Author: Sgt. Hobbs Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Time abroad one thing I noticed about dedicated servers like what we are moving to. (Not saying it Will happen) is that they move from server to server, make a lot of silly changes, make it user unfriendly, cluttered, etc. I doubt it will happen with us JvI has always kept it clean and easy to use but my one request if we go this way is we keep the setup just like JvI has/had his. [/request]

#11:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 pm

looks like his server is back up. You can use it if you want, but I'll be at mine Wink

#12:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:11 am

il be at yours too beck Very Happy

fuck, im such a kiss-ass...

#13:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:24 am

haha, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I know JvI has provided us with a lot over the past few years. But since I can't get him to come here, nor return emails then I have to assume his TS isn't going to be there indefinitely.

@Hobbs
I set up the same channels that he had. It looks and acts just like the other TS, so I'm not sure what you are worried about (user unfriendly etc..)

#14:  Re: IoW's Teamspeak 3 Server Author: Sgt. Hobbs Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks Beck. Keep it the way it is. it's perfect. no changes. Ii'm just making you aware that people don't like complicated TS servers.

#15:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:06 pm

I had no idea they could be complicated
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerIoW's Teamspeak 3 Server Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.