Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarGeneral ChatProblems creating FORUM accounts (Visual Confirmation)

#1: Note Problems creating FORUM accounts (Visual Confirmation) Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 am

I've had reports over the last few months that people have been experiencing problems with the visual confirmation step during registration.

I have tested created users and do not see this problem. In only one case was I able to see it. It is most likely a session handling problem, so if you are getting this error and you KNOW you're entering the confirmation code correctly, then try REFRESHING the page and getting a new code. In my own testing, this seemed to work. If you are still having trouble creating an account, you can email me beck -at- iowclan -dot- com, and I will attempt to help you.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

#2:  Re: Problems creating FORUM accounts (Visual Confirmation) Author: Mario Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

People still having problem to create an account on the forum Beck. I forgot to told you last night, but three people on the same night told me having issues with the code thing when they're trying to get an account. They tried on the last week, week-end.

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Did they try what this thread says?

I can't do anything to fix it. I created 3 or 4 users no problem. Also, had 3 or 4 new people register for forums just in the past few weeks. I really don't know what to do about it, I've tried turning this feature off but apparently I cannot.

#4:  Re: Problems creating FORUM accounts (Visual Confirmation) Author: Mario Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:01 pm

I don't think so....I'll tell them next time.

#5:   Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 am

can we do a user database clean up? some of these accounts havent been used in years. Might help the database to clean out the old entries?

#6:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:21 am

I don't see what good that would do, honestly. It messes up threads when you start deleting users.

#7:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am

in this day in age there is no reason te delete anything. storage space is basically free and these database entries for non active users do not take up much space..
Instruments of WarGeneral ChatProblems creating FORUM accounts (Visual Confirmation)

Generated using printer-friendly.