Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerCommands: !plist and !setalias

#1:  Commands: !plist and !setalias Author: JvIasterMind Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am

As most of you already know, we added a new command that allows members to see who aliased players are on the server (similar to the aka in ETPub). The categories of information that is shown when you run !plist is dynamic based on your level, so the higher rank you are, the more information you will see. The other command we added is for admins to be able to set the alias for any player currently on the server.

I am announcing this now, because I feel that the script is finally tested enough for a final release. If you encounter any bugs or have any requests for features, feel free to post in this thread.

Here's the description of the commands:

!plist
  • Syntax: !plist
  • Level Required: 0
  • Description: List all the players currently connected to the server along with their stored alias (if previously set by an admin). The information shown varies depending on your admin level.

!setalias
  • Syntax: !setalias <target name> <alias (optional)>
  • Level Required: 27
  • Description: Set an alias for a target player. If the last parameter is omitted, the target's current name will be stored as their alias. The "target name" parameter is text that partially matches a unique player's name on the server. Note: Due to a current bug, spaces are not allowed in the parameters (even if the text is enclosed in quotes).

#2:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am

what level do we start seeing anything interesting other than current name?
what level do we start seeing aliases?

#3:  Re: Commands: !plist and !setalias Author: JvIasterMind Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am

Currently, the categories are earned at the following levels:

Level 0:
     -Name
     -Team
Level 2:
     -Level
Level 3:
     -Slot
     -Alias
Level 27:
     -Guid

#4:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 am

very nice, that seems lovely!

#5:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:37 am

Great work, as usual. I'm making this a sticky.

#6:   Author: V2A2V2A2M Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Arch linux mac address spoofing with a clean ET install everytime!

!wewin
(Although currently I am running a legitimate copy of window 7 ultimate)

#7:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:59 am

So this is how you changed my alias, Sin. I knew it was you! Go die in a car fire. -_-

#8:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm

I didn't change shit you piece of jizz.

#9:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 am

lol, it was probably venom dude. Come on Laughing

#10:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:40 pm

lol what is your alias? I *MAY* have set it to butthole

#11:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:39 pm

I think it was JayDisGAY. It's been fixed though lol

#12:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 am

It was Venom, i was there when he did it.

#13:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 am

It seems now everyone's in on the game. Nort set my alias to reallysmallpenis last night lol. Then afterwards someone else changed it to tinyweener or something. I know have new suspects! V2, where were you when this happened? Do you have an alibi? Razz

Also apparently I was so drunk last night that someone changed my name and I didn't notice until a map later or something. Like I noticed there was a player's name that I didn't recognize in my fireteam...I just didn't know it was me. XD Yay beer.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerCommands: !plist and !setalias

Generated using printer-friendly.