Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatName Selector Toggle Script

#1:  Name Selector Toggle Script Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:13 am

This script will place a list of names under one key (Number Pad HOME/7 key), then each press cycles through them. It prints the current one on the screen and then you press the other key (Number Pad Up/8 key) to set it as your name.

choose any keys you want, this is just what I use

Code: ›
set gamename1 "set nameset set name FIRSTNAME; set nextname vstr gamename2; Echo current name: FIRSTNAME"
set gamename2 "set nameset set name SECONDNAME; set nextname vstr gamename3; Echo current name: SECONDNAME"
set gamename3 "set nameset set name THIRDNAME; set nextname vstr gamename1; Echo current name: THIRDNAME"

set nextname "vstr gamename1"
bind kp_uparrow "vstr nextname"
bind kp_home "+vstr nameset gamename1"

NOTE: The last name (gamename3) wraps back to the first name (gamename1). So if you add more, just make sure the last one wraps back to the first and it will continuously cycle.

Also - when setting the name (with kp_home), it will automatically go back to the beginning of the list.

Last edited by BECK on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Why is this not sticky'ed?

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:19 am

It was at one point, but I re-organized all the forums.

#4:   Author: LuneKnight Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:39 pm

I never bothered with using a name toggle, didnt see a need for it o.o

#5:   Author: omfgSP Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 am

Cool script! I think I'm going to adapt this into a simple Team/Class selector (just Engy and Med for me - I am a simple person). I used to have them bound to individual keys, but I've gotten flak during scrims for accidentally switching teams by pressing the wrong button (I was accused of checking their spawn time). Having the confirmation will prevent this from happening again! Does anyone happen to know the numerical identifier for the PPSH? I have no idea how to find that info.

Also, I think you have a typo in your first paragraph. It looks like KP_UPARROW scrolls, whereas KP_HOME confirms the selection.

#6:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:04 am

I really need to sit down and add these things to my config :/

#7:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:38 am

SP: no need to adapt it, this one is a class/weapon toggler:
http://www.iowclan.net/iow/viewtopic.php?t=5952

#8:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:27 am

So why not sticky that one too? They're both equally useful IMO.

#9:   Author: omfgSP Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 am

Woah, awesome. I already made one for myself, but maybe I'll just use that one so I can actually select all of the classes =P

#10:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:46 am

lol probably a good idea. Razz

#11:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:53 am

yeah, will do. If people think they're useful I'll sticky it. I use this one all damn night to pick my classes, much easier Smile

#12:   Author: ex6tence Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:12 am

omfgSP wrote (View Post): › ! Does anyone happen to know the numerical entifier for the PPSH? I have no idea how to find that info.

I had to sit down and figure thIs out through proccess of elimation starting at 1 (skipping values already designated) as noone seemed to know - not even google. I beleive Its 42 but ill double check my cfg later.

Making your own class selector from scratch will be time consuming and theres so many bad ones to copy paste off the internet. I can send you mine if you wish. Same goes for everyone else who doesn't have one.

Xfire: exsixtence

#13:   Author: ex6tence Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:24 am

ex6tence wrote (View Post): › I beleive Its 42 but ill double check my cfg later.

I was wrong, 42 is the answer to life - not the ppsh. The value for the ppsh is 39. So for example this is what the string looks like in my config to spawn as allied engineer with ppsh and single pistol;

"team b 2 39 7"

allied team (r=axis)
engineer class
ppsh (8=thompson, 3=mp40 ect)
pistol (37 for akimbos)

#14:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:54 am

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference, nice!
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatName Selector Toggle Script

Generated using printer-friendly.