Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarRandom ShitDeli
Poll :: Deli's are amazing and we need more of them

Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
OMG YES!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WTF! YES!!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OMG!!!!!WTF!!!!HELLS!!!! YES!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
no (loser) >=(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no doubt about it yes!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 5
Total Votes : 5

#1:  Deli Author: Sgt. Hobbs Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:28 pm

aight guy, I have taken up a long term project. I am opening a deli. I don't know where, I don't know when but I do know it's going to be the best tasting, healthy, comfort food and sandwiches ever. I want your guys input. anything and everything will do. (within reason). the theme is that of cycling and the food is all fresh. (I will not have preprocessed food in my facility the meat might as well be killed in the back lawn fresh.) the other part is it must fulfill is that any moron who doesn't know how to cook can work there as well. 3,2,1,go!

#2:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:56 pm

yeah, i like a good sandwich. GL.

#3:  Re: Deli Author: JvIasterMind Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am

Nice idea!

I think I could easily just live off deli sandwiches alone... they never get old! Very Happy

#4:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 am

send me some coupons when its done Wink

#5:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:54 am

Yes, we need an "IoW Eats Free" card or something....then I can get on board with this idea Cool

#6:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Is this a Deli or a sandwich shop like Quiznos or Jersey Giant?

#7:   Author: Sgt. Hobbs Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Sin wrote (View Post): › Is this a Deli or a sandwich shop like Quiznos or Jersey Giant?

it will be an actual Deli. I am well aware of the misconception. glad you pointed that out.

#8:   Author: miller Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Hobbs. I have one suggestion and one suggestion only. Look up "Pret a Manger". It's a UK-based deli/coffee place (more deli), and I've never in my life been so impressed with any food-related establishment.

They have fucking amazing sandwiches, every sandwich is made fresh every single day. The only items in the shop with expiry dates are canned drinks, and they are the best fucking soft drinks you'll ever have (seriously, they have their own brand).

The run a program that takes in homeless people and teaches them to cook for 3 months. Those that can do the work are immediately given jobs. You cannot get any more awesome that this.

Add to that their incredibly reasonable price and amazing service, and you have the best fucking deli chain I've ever seen.

Oh and to top it off, we went there 3 times and they gave us free food on two of those visits.

Look them up, study their shit. I would kill for a place like Pret in Canada.

#9:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 pm

I dont want a fucking homeless person making my sandwich.

#10:   Author: miller Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 pm

They give you free food.
Also, if they are working, they aren't homeless. They were potentially homeless before.

#11:  Re: Deli Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:39 am

Pret a Manger translates to what? Ready to Eat? That mean that their sandwiches are made fresh daily, but not to order?

#12:   Author: miller Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Fuzzy: Exactly. It's what you might call a "Quick Service Restaurant" here, but they have chosen their menu such that they do not need to prepare most of the food when you order (other than heating things up in a panini grill).

That's another thing Hobbs, don't have microwaves in your stores. It makes everything gross and it makes the store look cheap and shitty.

#13:  Re: Deli Author: Sgt. Hobbs Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:34 am

@miller I can't agree with you more. microwaves are a vile evil invention that should all be destroyed by mortar and artillary fire. (nukes won't work sadly)
Instruments of WarRandom ShitDeli

Generated using printer-friendly.