Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatClean up ET

#1:  Clean up ET Author: MrBlack Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:03 am

Found this little progrm to be very useful.

ImageClean Utility is a fast and simple utility that cleans up the ET game folders by deleting junk pk3 files, mini-mods, annoying custom menus, and excessive server files. It will also reduce the number of total files in your etmain folder since too many files causes game instability and corruption. It also has the option to delete the profile.pid file.
The utility is safe, and does not delete stock ET game files, large maps, or major mod files. It does not install anything on your computer. You can run it as often as you like.

FEATURES:
* Aggressive deep scanning action
* Removes unwanted clan menus
* Restores default ET menus
* Prepares players for new clan menu installs
* Removes trash etmain files
* Reduces disconnection drops
* Eliminates the hassle of purging or reinstalling
* May fix mod problems caused by .pk3 errors
* Removes partially downloaded temp files
* Removes profile.pid so cvars don't reset

Download

#2:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:03 am

Cool - I might move this and make it a sticky. Good find!

#3:   Author: ShellShocked Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am

i have always done those things myself.

#4:   Author: miller Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Any horror stories with this, or is it legit?

#5:  Re: Clean up ET Author: MrBlack Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:04 am

its legit use it myself does what it says

#6:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:13 am

Why not reverse-engineer it Miller? Razz Find out for us Laughing

#7:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Its not going to delete my etkey is it?

#8:  Re: Clean up ET Author: ex6tence Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Garbage.

Didn't get rid of the custom menus, didn't delete any junk from etmain that i know about. As far as i can tell didn't do anything.

#9:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:18 pm

delete those pesky menus yourself.

they are the ones that have weird names usualy starting with ~

#10:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Perhaps you have to run this program as Administrator? Did you try that?

I mean - right-click 'Run As Administrator'.

#11:   Author: ex6tence Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:25 pm

BECK wrote (View Post): ›
Perhaps you have to run this program as Administrator? Did you try that?

I mean - right-click 'Run As Administrator'.

Yes

And the funny thing is that i think it replaced the annoying fa menu with rda clan's (program is made by rda clan apparently) not 100% on this because i usually start et up with a game booster or xfire so i dont see the main menu often

#12:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:36 pm

When do you see the menus? On game startup, or only after you disconnect from a server? Because that would determine what MOD is loaded, and perhaps you need to cleanup files in the individual MOD directories.

#13:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 am

download and run this to get rid of gay menus.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/download/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

And no, it doesn't auto add FA menus.

#14:   Author: razi Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:33 pm

sin, that file totally added menus. wtf

#15:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 pm

it delete all mine, including the FA ones.
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatClean up ET

Generated using printer-friendly.