Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarComedyjoke Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

#1:  joke Author: MONKEY TRAIL Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am

Im from Canada! Smile-

hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eX7URM_hU

#2:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 am

Not sure, but I think "joke" qualifies as being in the "Comedy" forum, so I moved it there.

#3:  Re: joke Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:28 pm

I love that song. It's awesome!

sum1else out.

#4:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:27 am

Currently banned!

#5:   Author: =MonkeyTrail= Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Guessing!

3 customers bought each 2 peaks of pizza a $ 5. (this is make $ 30) the boss says it is overpriced restores their $ 5!
As I just not separate $ 5 in 3 hand equal, I give them $ 1 each and I keep $ 2. Therefore the 3 client have pay $ 9 each (making $ 27) more my $ 2 this is making $ 29!!!

Where is the dollard lacking???

#6:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 10, 2010 9:22 pm

My first question while pursuing the answer is what is a "peak" of pizza?

#7:   Author: PistolPete Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 10, 2010 11:25 pm

ditto

#8:  Re: joke Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 11, 2010 11:37 am

It's not actually too hard to find this in actual English online.

sum1else out.

#9:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 11, 2010 2:34 pm

im confused... in english anyone?

#10:  Re: joke Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 11, 2010 5:30 pm

3 businessmen are on a trip and share a hotel room for the evening. The bill comes to 30 dollars (it's a cheap hotel) so each businessman pays his even share - 10 dollars. They head up to their room and the cashier realizes he's made a mistake. He forgot that there's a special rate for the evening and that he should have only charged the businessmen 25 dollars (it's a REALLY cheap hotel). The cashier then instructs the bellboy to run up to the room and refund the 5 dollars to the businessmen. With his incredible insight, the bellboy realizes that the businessmen cannot easily split the 5 dollars between the 3 of them. So instead he pockets 2 dollars and returns 3 dollars to the businessmen. The 3 dollars is returned and each businessman gets a dollar back.

At this point each businessman has payed 9 dollars out of his own pocket, making a grand total of 27 dollars paid for the room. Combine that with the 2 dollars that the bellboy kept yields 29 dollars. So, where's the missing dollar?

There's the original puzzle in English, Pump.

sum1else out.

#11:   Author: =MonkeyTrail= Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 12, 2010 3:35 am

yeah sum1one u got nice one here! sry u can blame google tranlator for my traduction. Smile

ok some1 got an answer??

#12:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 12, 2010 11:08 pm

omg they are fucking with time in this one!!! hehe took a while to figure it out but damn thats clever. adding the 27 that the business already payed to the 2 dollars the guy pocketed is like adding apples to elephants Very Happy it just does not make sense whatsoever! lolz

#13:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu May 13, 2010 10:18 am

googled the answer, I know...cheating. Rolling Eyes

Spoilers: 

The main "trick" about this puzzle is to ignore the magic number 30. We're not concerned with that figure anymore. The ultimate number we're trying to get to now is 25, because that is now the price of the room. And simple logic in either case shows us that 27 - 2 (or 30 - 5 using the modified numbers) is equal to the new magic number of 25. The puzzle just yields a number so close to 30 that it confuses the readers into thinking that it's the number you're striving to achieve - when in fact it's 25.

#14:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Thu May 13, 2010 1:48 pm

that answer doesnt say where the missing dollar is beck.

Unless im retarded and not reading it right.

#15:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

sin, 29 is a pointless statistic. like when they give you a word problem and they give u all the info u need .. 29 would be one of those things you never use and they only put in there to throw u off.. it is take out of context and can not be used in the way that they used it in the riddle. it makes no logical sense but they worded it in a way that it does .. sort of at first..
Instruments of WarComedyjoke Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.