Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarET-Pub ServersSomething fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Poll :: Add baserace as rotation loadable by ref

Yes, add ability for ref to load baserace!
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
No, I'm afraid of baserace and not willing to even consider this
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 18
Total Votes : 18

#1:  Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Last friday, we were having such a great time, I mentioned the idea -- "wouldn't it be nice to play baserace, just once?"

Got a pretty good response from those on the server, too.

I am creating this poll to see if we could get baserace put on as a ref-enabled alternate rotation. I toyed with these a few years ago when we had all the customs on the server, so it can be done. Not saying we add as part of the standard rotation, but it could be enabled based on server votes by the ref.

But it would be really fun on these nights to just "throw in a baserace" map here or there.

I say 'YES'! I think that is a really, really fun map to play. Certainly not saying we add it in the standard rotation, but it would be REALLY cool to be able to play it this Friday.

Please.....?

#2:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

SI!!!!!!!!!!!

#3:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 am

why stop at baserace? if we are talking of ref enabled maps then why not through some other fun ones on there? im thinking of something small like lna1vs1 or some shit.

#4:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:40 am

I think the vote speaks for itself.

GET 'UR DONE! Admin Power

And pump - yeah, I think we can consider a few of those one-off maps too - might be fun just to change things up after we've played the rotation into the ground.

#5:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:34 am

keep in mind - any map you do put up there. May cause a user to download it - even if its not a map in the rotation or currently being used. we may want to try it on the test server first - to see if the servers forces it to download - even if you are not playing it in the rotation.

#6:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:43 am

I doubt it would - I mean, we have dozens of maps on the server that aren't part of the loaded rotation. I would think it would have to load the rotation script first, then decide and if the client doesn't have the maps needed, would then trigger the DL.

But I agree, a test is a good way to go. Maybe we could have this ready by next Friday or something?

#7:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am

actually - we dont have dozens on the server. I cleaned them up when i set the current rotation. So that we woudlnt have extra maps and file downloads for stuff not used. At least i am 90% sure i cleaned them up and remove them from the server.

#8:   Author: LuneKnight Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm

BASERACE BITCHES WOOT WOOT

#9:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Baserace and Goldendunk imo

#10:   Author: PistolPete Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 pm

this is the last friday that I won't get a chance to play, i'm on break next week so hopefully peeps will be playin friday NEXT week

#11:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: PistolPete Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:02 pm

i'm not going where i intended on going tonight, feel mighty shitty after a week of being sick, i regurgitated and what not, but won't go into any details

therefore, i'm here this friday night, as well as at least the next friday, so lets have a fragfest on the server tonight

#12:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:33 pm

im going to be on the east coast Sad((( cant make it to this one ooooor the next week's one.. sad sad sad sad sad!!

#13:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: schism Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:45 pm

if you're worried about downloads, there's worse maps than baserace. its not mml_ministirith or anything like that.

#14:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:32 am

*BUMP*

12-1 YES right now - we gotta get this done.

Oh - and Nort, on my new box, I wasn't forced to DL SupplyDepot until the map was called up, so no worries about putting baserace on there with an alternate script that ref's can load. I think after a long night on Friday when we've played the same shit 4 times over, a nice baserace will really be great fun!

#15:  Re: Something fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm

well then i guess you are volunteering and taking responsibility for this project Wink

I too busy at work to find much time through the end of this month. we have to be done and out of the old buildign my april 29th. So lots to get done yet!
Instruments of WarET-Pub ServersSomething fun to consider for Friday frag fests.... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.