Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarRandom ShitPlaying in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Poll :: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality?

so is the ideal manner that to forget about the all the world
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
not this only the computer game, as many other
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
it is ordinary killer of the time and the boredom
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 12
Total Votes : 12

#1:  Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: Lithium_eVVoK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 pm

What is for You ET?
For me it is one of better next to sex and alkohol, manners on breakaway from everyday problems.
Just Logging on server -and I get over cares, worries and many things which torment me.
Perhaps are better ideas on breakaway from the commonplaceness?

#2:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: gchip Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:11 am

et is life.
in PE, i stiffen my legs when jumping down a hill to see if i can gamma down the hill.
in class, i always reload and check the door for the enemy
in passing, i always check corners and if the enemy is coming down the hall i jump out and circle strafe aiming at their head.
when i see people coming out of a classroom, i always switch to panzer and fire (but always remember to wait for their spawn shields to fade)
when hurt, i always spam the call for med
while doing homework, i always check my compass for enemies, but tend to go rambo and forget the objective

#3:   Author: PumpkiN Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:57 am

chip u seem like such a dick in real life.. running around with a panzer?? wtf is that?

#4:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:34 am

For me it can go either good or bad. Sometimes I come on to relax and try to take it easy. But, I'm wierd. I can get irritated and get all pissy and stuff by playing the game. Sometimes even when I'm doing good on the server. Guess that's just real life stress mixing in with video games.

Video games, and other forms of entertainment now a days is a means for escape for many people. I think someday in the future that dependency will come back to bite us in the ass.

#5:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:57 am

It's a time and boredom killer for me. If i'm pissed in RL i'll prolly be pissed in the game. Also I tend to get pissed in the game alone,mainly since i'm a complete obj player,(unless it's agreed that we aren't going for obj) and when my teammates aren't doing the obj it pisses me off.

#6:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: Plan9 Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:30 am

Lithium_eVVoK wrote (View Post): › Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality?

You got it backwards

Reality is a way to escape from ET.

#7:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: gchip Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:29 am

sometimes when we are at class assemblies i call an airstrike for large ammounts of kills and do the quake sounds myself ("LUDICROUS KILL-KILL-KILL-KILL").

#8:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 am

Whose to say what reality really is? Maybe our whole existence is just a video game that aliens are playing. Maybe ET is a real world in itself, these are the things that I think about. I always found the Matrix series to be disturbingly true, once I thought about it.

And yes I'm an Atheist, a passive one though.

#9:   Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Sin wrote (View Post): › Whose to say what reality really is? Maybe our whole existence is just a video game that aliens are playing. Maybe ET is a real world in itself, these are the things that I think about. I always found the Matrix series to be disturbingly true, once I thought about it.

And this people, is one of the more negative outcomes of living in a technological world.

#10:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Sin wrote (View Post): ›

Being an Atheist is almost as bad as believing in a supreme being. No one, and I mean no one, can know for sure if there really is a god, thus making Atheism stupid. Agnosticism is the only smart way to go.

ps. lol @ christians

#11:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Back when I played ET it was to escape my life. When my life hit the shitter, that's when I downloaded ET. Now that things are finally better, I don't really even want to play.

#12:   Author: LuneKnight Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:08 pm

et is a way to escape boredom =/ but ive been playing wc3 to much lately

#13:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: omfgSP Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 pm

gchip wrote (View Post): › sometimes when we are at class assemblies i call an airstrike for large ammounts of kills and do the quake sounds myself ("LUDICROUS KILL-KILL-KILL-KILL").

Gchip. Why the hell aren't we in the same school? I myself prefer landmines in the hallways. I got voted Highest Fragger in the yearbook =O

#14:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: schism Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:54 pm

omfgSP wrote (View Post): ›
Gchip. Why the hell aren't we in the same school? I myself prefer landmines in the hallways. I got voted Highest Fragger in the yearbook =O

what a coincidence, gchip was voted best riflenading engineer.
i was voted i ain't got no friends.

#15:  Re: Playing in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Author: gchip Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:23 pm

lolololol.
i'd go to your high school sp.
we can create a fireteam and defend hallway to fullhold the class:

student1 was killed by HALLWAYDEFENDERS SP's Landmine
student2 was killed by HALLWAYDEFENDERS SP's Landmine
student3 was killed by HALLWAYDEFENDERS SP's Landmine
student5 was killed by HALLWAYDEFENDERS SP's Landmine
SP was killed by TEAMMATE HALLWAYDEFENDERS GCHIP's Thompson
HALLWAYDEFENDERS GCHIP killed out
HALLWAYDEFENDERS GCHIP: i'm out full
Instruments of WarRandom ShitPlaying in ET is an way to escape from the reality? Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.