Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarRandom ShitValentines Day Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Poll :: General Feel About Valentines Day

I gave a valentine today
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
I recieved a valentine today
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Valentines day is great - a day for lovers
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Valentines day is a chick holiday that just costs me money
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Voted : 17
Total Votes : 26

#1:  Valentines Day Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:12 pm

Lots of down-tone debates going on today. All in good fun, but we need something a bit more light-hearted.

Happy Valentines day to you all, for what it's worth.

Do Euros celebrate Valentines Day? Canadians? I honestly don't know if this is just a US "holiday" or not.

What is everyone's general feel for Valentines Day? Vote above!

I specifically allowed for three options to be picked.

#2:  Re: Valentines Day Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Come on! No one has anything to say? Guess I'm feeling frisky and chatty today.

For me, Valentines day is just a chick holiday. If it was up to men, there would be no Valentines day. That may sound mean or whatever, and I'd never directly tell my wife that Embarassed , but it's honestly true.

For guys who are dating - Valentines day is absolutely crucial. You forget your girlfriend, you're in big fricken trouble. I think it's a status thing for women. Like "I got flowers" "I got candy" "I went to a nice restaurant" "I got some jewelry". That is why you have all these services that deliver stuff to your wife's office or workplace - so it can be a big deal and everyone will notice.

So when you're dating, you're gonna get some if you please your girlfriend on Valentines day.

When you're married, you still have to do this. It's implied that you sure as hell better get something for your wife, or you're in the dog house. But you've already established your mate, no women would divorce someone for failing on Valentines day. And if she does, you have other issues with her all together.

When you have kids, it's a new level of resposibility. Kids must get their mom a valentine. So I have to go shopping on behalf of my kids today to buy my wife a valentine "from them".

So basically, BECK would not be disappointed if Valentine's day was somehow disbanded. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife very much and I appreciate the fact that I can express my love for her - but why do I have to spend 200% more for roses today than I will tomorrow to do it? Know what I mean?

I'm curious to hear from our women -- Ca+ and SP - what say you? Wink

#3:  Re: Valentines Day Author: mayol Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 pm

This is not even a holiday. It's more like a money grabbing industry build on top of something that used to be romantic.

Moreover, if people love each other, they dont need a special day. Everyday together should be special.

But yes... I bought my GF a present.

#4:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:48 pm

BOO-YEAH! My point exactly. Thanks mayol Wink

#5:  Re: Valentines Day Author: Wal-Mart Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:21 pm

When you add a i dont give a crap option i'll vote for it

I dont care... i dont get nuttin, i dont give nuttin...

#6:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Then I guess you answer that it's a chick holiday - that is pretty much "i don't give a crap".

#7:  Re: Valentines Day Author: Wal-Mart Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 pm

"that costs me money"

It dont.

#8:  Re: Valentines Day Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:35 pm

i have no valentines today. my fiancee is 2 hours away. so i am not loved right now Sad

#9:  Re: Valentines Day Author: Wal-Mart Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Nort wrote (View Post): › i have no valentines today. my fiancee is 2 hours away. so i am not loved right now Sad

LoL I have no "fiancee", wife, g/f, sig other... so lol.

#10:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Boo Hoo Nort!!!!! 2 hours away!!!! Grow a pair u dirtbag!! My fiance is over 22 hours away.

Kinda saves me money,at least for now. Although,the more thoughtful the gifts,the more attention you will recieve when it comes to the bump n grind.

#11:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:01 pm

I guess the question for you Wal-Mart is - hypothetically speaking if you DID, how would you feel about it.

I can't add the option, sorry.

#12:  Re: Valentines Day Author: Plan9 Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:11 pm

As I'm single I can say I couldn't care less about valentines...

But I think it's a great idea though... Without valientines day, there wouldn't be a 'day after valentines day' when all the girls that are fed up with their boyfriends forgetting things become avaliable.... Think about it

-P9

EDIT: And yeah, I'm going out tomorrow Wink

#13:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Wait? What's that? I hear Elton John Singing:

"The Circle of Life"

I see your point, Plan - well put!

#14:  Re: Valentines Day Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:19 pm

I didn't get my g/f anything for Valentines day. I told her not to get me anything since I don't have the money. Embarassed To tell the truth, I don't think she really cares. She thinks the idea of Valentines day is kind of stupid. One thing I'm not telling her is that she's gonna get a bunch of chocolate the next time I see her... too bad I can't today. Sad

sum1else out.

#15:   Author: Nervous Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 pm

StEVoNuB420 wrote (View Post): › Boo Hoo Nort!!!!! 2 hours away!!!! Grow a pair u dirtbag!! My fiance is over 22 hours away.

If you go there in the other direction wouldn't it cut the time down to 2 hours? LOL Very Happy

P.S. Just kidding. I understand the whole concept of "time of travel" vs. time zones.

StEVoNuB420 wrote (View Post): ›
Kinda saves me money,at least for now. Although,the more thoughtful the gifts,the more attention you will recieve when it comes to the bump n grind.

You stay classy, San Diego. Very Happy
Instruments of WarRandom ShitValentines Day Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.