Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatCan anybody stop the Patriots? Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Poll :: Are the Patriots unstoppable?

yes
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
HELL NO
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
My team will kick their ass!!!!
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Voted : 21
Total Votes : 36

#1:  Can anybody stop the Patriots? Author: DRAGONFIRE Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:05 am

Can anybody stop the Patriots? I was very upset when the Colts lost to the Patriots. Yes, it was expected but still very upsetting. The Colts had the best chance of beating the Patriots, I think. Worst, the Colts seem to get into a rut when they lose a game and start to lose consecutive games. Luckily, they won yesterday, barely. Does anyone else have a team, they think can beat the Patriots? Of course, I don't hate the Patriots. I give them the respect they deserve for being consistently a great team. It's hard to accomplish such a feat with any sport that has players going from team to team on a whim.

#2:   Author: chiles Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:17 am

The only two underdogs I will really root for are the Ravens and Packers when they play the Pats. The Ravens have a great defense that has fallen on some hard times. The Ravens offense is getting better but can't catch a break and repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot with penalties. If the Ravens D can shut down the deep ball and put pressure on Brady, they stand a chance of making it close.

The Packers are having a dream season. I don't have any particular reason why they might win (aside from Favre having a great year) but I am always a fan of a David beating a Goliath.

Chiles

#3:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:21 am

chiles wrote: › If the Ravens D can shut down the deep ball and put pressure on Brady, they stand a chance of making it close.

As long as the other team doesn't make impossible field goals - did you see that one yesterday? LMAO! What a call to make for the refs man. I bet there is a rules clarification on that one for sure.

Its been an interesting season indeed. Of course, I'm a Bronco fan, so we won't talk about how pitiful they are - and the whole AFC West collectively for that matter....

To your subject, yeah, the pats are gonna steamroll all the way to the bowl and back. No one stops them. Even Grandpa Farve. I had to put up with all this Farve butt-lovin that ESPN was doing during the Bronco game a few weeks ago - I swear, they are the worst play-by-play guys, the ESPN guys. But I digress.....

#4:   Author: chiles Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:06 am

Yeah, there were two rules clarifications:
1) If the ball breaks the plane of the posts, then it's a field goal. The ball bounced off the back brace clearly breaking the plane so it counts.
2) The refs can call a booth review after the expiration of the clock so long as they are still on the field. Once they leave the field, game's over. All the refs were still on the field when the review started.

There has been mention of some rule that states the results of a field goal cannot be challenged. I haven't heard if this is true or not.

Chiles

#5:   Author: Nervous Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:36 am

I think the season is over. They must play the games, but I just don't see any team out there stopping all their weapons and beating their defense at the same time.

Brady's on pace to obliterate the season marks for TD's and QB rating. He's not far off pace to be the second guy to throw for 5000 yards in a season.

It's almost like Belichick has all the teams' playbooks...oh right...he does! :lol:
He reminds me of Coach Red Beaulieu (Jerry Reed's character) from Waterboy.

:D

#6:   Author: HEROINMAN Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:20 am

@bevk YAY I<3 broncos to :D
I think the colts could have won I mean like 10 min before the end they looked like they were gonna win...WITHOUT MARVIN HARRISON 8O

#7:   Author: jjDYNOmight Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:02 pm

SORRY!!!!

I DON'T WATCH BASKETBALL....

#8:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:58 pm

:stupid and besides that :mom and :sign_idgaf

#9:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:29 pm

:?: Thought you were a Bears fan.....or are you off the bandwagon? :P

#10:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:54 pm

Nah I jumped off the ship just in time. I saw the iceberg about to hit and got out while it was safe.It was a nice trip while it lasted though. Now sports in general can kiss my ass. At least until the White Sox get off their asses and do some shit again.

P.S.
I was never a die hard Bears fan either. I rooted for them cuz well....I live here and they were doing good. As strange as it might seem back in the day I was a SF fan. The days when Owens was still there.So it was a while ago.

#11:   Author: LuneKnight Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:17 pm

HAHA SUCKAS IM A PATS FAN FOOL :twisted: 8)

#12:   Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm

@ Chiles: True. Field goals can not be challenged.

If they're smart, they'll sit Brady AT LEAST the last game. And against the Giants at home for the last game, without Brady, they will lose. But, if they continue to attempt to make Brady's year a milestone season, then yes, they will become undefeated. In that case, I hope he receives a busted knee from a chop-block in the 4th quarter of week 17...

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see Brady smash all the possible quarterback records this season - TDs, passer rating, yards, etc. I just don't want NE to win another Superbowl. Massachusetts has every sport in the bag this year. Enough is enough.

#13:   Author: LuneKnight Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:12 pm

boooo all of u pats > all suckas xP :smt064 :owned

#14:   Author: chiles Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:49 pm

I did a little research. As it turns out, you can't review a field goal. However, there was no official review last night. Like any other call, the refs gathered and talked and then changed the original call, which is perfectly legal.

Chiles

#15:   Author: DRAGONFIRE Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:41 pm

JJ is so gay!!! Anyways, the Packers are having an amazing season. I told one of my employees that the only reason the Packers lost to the Bears was because of Favre's big heart. He felt bad for Chicago since they had high hopes for the Cubs; yet, they lost their chance for the World Series. So, Bret Favre decided to give Chicago a "bone" and gave the Bears the game...lol...What a guy!!! To be so generous, Favre is feeling so good about his season that he felt compassion for Chicago.
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatCan anybody stop the Patriots? Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.