Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatServer Scrim idea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Poll :: public server scrims?

no dumb idea
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
yes sounds fun
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
maybe, but it sounds like alot of work.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 12

#16:   Author: DrEvil Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:53 pm

Wal-Mart wrote: › still does not define even... is even no one wins? Wins at the last min...

See I could see me and jew playing allies and wining a decent amount because we play as a team. Is that unfair? Just as an example

Could be a cool thing.

Whos gona orginize this? (if i missed that, i will read everything again lol)

Of course someone is going to win....what he means is even matched teams so it is good close games.

Really plz don't be a flamer and try to ruin something we are trying to put togethor. If you don't want in just say so and be on your way. Thanks!

#17:   Author: Quazi Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:09 am

At first we need Nort's permission on using the pro server. And we need that server prepared for scrims. That is the priority.

#18:   Author: JEWMAN Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:10 am

Me, wal-mart, nervous aka jason, luda and OG vs. allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll MUAHAHAHAH

Sounds like fun raider. I'd be happy to do this on the priv. server anyday. Now lately I have been doing server raids with some ppl and those are going well so also if your in the mood for a raid let me know :D

#19:   Author: Nervous Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 am

Lol. I can't play on IoW for the first 10 minutes and last night I just couldn't stand the wait for the 200+ ping to drop. I had people dying from a shot from my gun when I couldn't see them and vice versa.

Jman: Alternatively, we could just send Z28 and Z06 as a team to any server. They put BBA2 on red alert last night. I just laid back and let them have their "fun". I figured after they get kicked or banned, I should be good forever on that server. Sure enough, after they were dismissed by the admins, I shot 45 like 3-4 rounds in a row and no one said a word.

Back to the point:
Anyway, I'll play in a friendly "serious" game. Nort and the EtPro folks can attest that I play a little differently when it gets serious. :D

Seriously though, you can take the best shots on the server and put them on a team without communication, and they will not be as good as you think. I won't say they can't win. They would win some with just brute force shooting. However, we had a clan with ALL the top ETPro shots from a very well known server...everyone shot 35-40 on Pro. We thought it'd be cake. However, we got beat handily by some teams that didn't shoot as well, but had better strats and communication.

If someone doesn't have a microphone, they should not be allowed to participate, IMHO.

LOL

#20:   Author: Wal-Mart Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:47 am

All i am doing is pointing out things that need to be thought of...

I voted good idea...

I been in clans for like 9 years now... and most of the time i was the one setting stuff up... head of a clans division, clan admin, head of squad... etc... so i have some exp... just trying to make sure nothing is left out...

first few times i set up teams or matchs or did training lol... i, well, coulda done better...

and nerv!

IDEA fix ur fuking internet!

If you need help send me a PM, we can do a trace route as well as some line quality tests and other crap... might even be able to get a tech from your ISP to check things out... (with out calling them)

#21:   Author: Nervous Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:48 pm

It's not my connection or else it wouldn't go steady at 50-60 ping after 10 minutes LIKE CLOCKWORK, every single time.

It's the ignorant PB change that made services for the Vista run-as-Administrator problem. Either that or my ISP has trouble with the route to the servers being used by that service. Either way, never happened until PB changed for Vista. I run XP, btw.

I just don't like waiting 10 minutes for it to clear up. Last night I had a constant 30 on a BBA server so who knows. Don't really care at this point. My downloads are awesomely fast as well. Just have skips in the green lagometer bar when I crank up ET and connect to IoW.

Thanks for the offer though.

J

#22:   Author: DarkShadow Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:24 pm

if i do play, im def on Raider's team xP

#23:   Author: Wal-Mart Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:35 pm

downloads are speed... has nothing to do with lag

anywho, was just an offer...

#24:   Author: DrEvil Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:16 pm

DarkShadow wrote: › if i do play, im def on Raider's team xP

Teams will be determined by the captains, which may place you on Raiders team or it may not. What we need to know is if you are interested in playing. If it is maybe you will play if your on Raiders team then you miss the whole idea of the scrim and you should just not play. If it is maybe depending on what time or day then yeah I think that goes for all of us but maybe you should specify. For example, I will play if it is on Tuesday night but otherwise count me out.

#25:   Author: Wal-Mart Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:37 pm

Someone should make a poll saying "im in" "im not" "maybe"

so we can see where it stands like the custom map poll.

#26:   Author: JEWMAN Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:47 am

Yo to be honest communication is everything in a serious scrim. Matt and I have been in pretty much all the same clans for years a couple with ET and some with other FPS games... we have always done well becuz afta all our years playin together we can predict wat the other guy is doin be4 its done.... nowadays when we on pub when a map loads we already know exactly wat to do becuz we are purely team players. You dont see us goin off on rambo solo crap. I know some IoW players ESPECIALLY Luda are purely teamwork focused. You give me and matt just a couple of guys who are teamwork based and I guarantee you we will beat the best shooters in a match. You let us make our team for server raids and we will guarantee results. I know we are here for fun cuz its a game but I think it's time you let some of us loose and allow us to represent and make it clear that IoW is fun and SKILLED.

#27:   Author: HYDBlues Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:52 am

I will play on any team.

#28:   Author: HEROINMAN Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 pm

yeah I'm definety in for this would be good for strategy pracitce for those that are on the pro team to

#29:   Author: Bolivar Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:10 pm

Very nice, will be fun.
I would like to participate but unfotunately i guess i dont have enough skills, not at same level of almost all other players , but im improving, soon i will get better.

:leet2

#30:   Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Bolivar, you're as good as a lot of the people on the server, better than me a lot of the time. You don't have to be overly good, as they're for fun, it's more about teamwork than skill anyway, as long as you know what you're doing, and can do it decently, you'd be fine.

sum1else out.
Instruments of WarWolf ET ChatServer Scrim idea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.