Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarET-Pub ServersI want my old IoW server back Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Poll :: Should we go back to our old pub version?

Hell yes we should
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
No,I actually like this gay ass mod
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Voted : 2
Total Votes : 34

#16:   Author: MrBlack Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:51 am

maybe just taking some time out like nervous may help you stevo, you dont realy want to leave(i hope). your a kick ass player/admin

@ Apparition
nobody said they would leave through this we would just learn to adapt to the new mod Wink

#17:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:28 pm

i tried pub, no offense...fukin hate it now

#18:   Author: Volta Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:50 pm

i don't know...seems to me you are all looking for "excuses" to hate the upgrade. I have not heard a REAL reason why you guys really "hate" it. As far as hit-boxes, feels the same to me. Some of you have posted that it sucks because you don't get your usual ratios, acc percentage, hs count, etc. Well I tested it, some maps i sucked, some maps I got average, some maps I did better. doesn't seem to me the upgrade is to blame for my sucky maps.

In my opinion, it's the same exact thing we had before...except now we get to see teammates names with colors, which is cooler.

FYI, double tapping TAB changes the stat table!!!! you can still see the usual "name", "XP", "ping" setting...just cycle through.

QW is coming out soon anyways...so whatevs

x.

#19:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:04 pm

I'm not pissed Stev0, just irritated. Everything I've ever tried to do has been a disaster here. The custom server that I begged for: Disaster. Trying to get different hitboxes: Disaster. Now updating to newest version of etpub: Disaster. I'm probably going to revert to the old version because I don't want this to be a catalyst for people to leave our server or clan. I played one night and for me, I thought kills were easier. I mean everyone goes through slumps and good days - all of this on a single server version - I agree with Mars that perhaps the upgrade is a scapegoat. But I'll acknowledge that due to the sheer number of complaints, something MUST be different.

And to the "play etpro" comments, no offense dudes, but I really don't appreciate ET-Pro snobbery. We pubbers have to put up with that condescending attitude around here enough.

#20:   Author: Hobbs_Duke Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 pm

I found that it was pretty decent I just found out my aim is real bad (no suprise there) I do tyhink there might be a but maybe cuz I shot MVP point blank and my rounds whent through him could be a bug but I've seen it before on other servers so I really can't say it's that bad. I kinda likee it I die more but my radar seems to have gotten better Smile so here's my quip. good job beck

#21:   Author: PistolPete Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:31 pm

jesus why does everyone hate change, i admit some things i have find annoying, like having names on mines, but beyond that everything seems almost exactly the same, if i play at late nite, i still cant hit them 200 pingers like fuckin roman which still pisses me off, but beyond it feels the same, and IF it is harder to get a hs, look at the bright side, it'll improve ur aim

everyone wants to acheive perfection, but no one wants the change

#22:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 pm

DOnt change it right awat Beck leave it for about another week or so,ill give it a chance. See if server gets more populated and see what the general response is gonna be. AS I said noone said they are gonna leave it was just a thought,and once again it had nothing to do with the upgrade.

#23:   Author: mayol Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:12 pm

Nein! (I'm just in a spamming mood)

#24:   Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:35 pm

Second time playing with the new pub. Not any better - still posting 1:3 ratios or worse. Scapegoat, not quite. Both times after playing on 0.7.2 Pub, I hit up SNL, and I played better on SNL. Better being defined as higher accuracy and atleast a 1:2 or 1:1 ratio - nothing out of the ordinary for me on SNL. Doesn't make the least bit of sense.

#25:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:56 pm

On a side note - all the servers are dead tonight. The entire list of servers shows NO ONE playing anywhere, except for a bunch of shitty bots. So it's just one of those nights I guess.

#26:   Author: gchip Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:28 am

the new mod is cool.

#27:   Author: Plan9 Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:37 am

I think I figured it out... It seems to me ping has a lot more to say (or maybe I'm just imagining things), and at the same time the hitboxes have changed slightly.

I just nearly broke my laptop after emptying a full thompson clip and 16 akimbo rounds straight into the chest of a high-ping player ... not a single hitsound (and he wasnt even crouching) Evil or Very Mad

Serenity now.. serenity now ...

-P9

#28:   Author: razi Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:56 pm

new version of etpub seems fine by me so far...no change in fps which is a good thing as this is one of the few pub servers where i get good fps on. i shot today against some good players around 43% which is about the same as old server. to me the hitboxes seem fine for pub...

#29:   Author: Plan9 Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:58 pm

43 % as a mortar?

#30:   Author: razi Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:12 pm

lol plan9 that 43% was smg acc. mortar accuracy seems to be unchanged as well but that varies upon the map Smile i've definitely gotten over 50% with mortar before. btw i dunno if etpubclient was being used before but am glad to see it now.
Instruments of WarET-Pub ServersI want my old IoW server back Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.