Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarET-Pub ServersI want my old IoW server back Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
Poll :: Should we go back to our old pub version?

Hell yes we should
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
No,I actually like this gay ass mod
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Voted : 2
Total Votes : 34

#106:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 am

As for what ur talking about some guy shooting 3 feet behind the enemy and scoring hits is true. I was on our server and it was only 3 of us.I was in spec looking at these guy go 1v1 and their ping was about 140ish. They were shooting each other and the hits registered even though the cursor was not even on the guy,as u said it was way behind him and he would still get the kill. Just thought I might add to that. I was also on a couple days ago and owning the shit outta Plan,App and Grindul,it was 3v2 me and Quaz spanked that ass. Twisted Evil

#107:   Author: Quazi Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:52 am

@Stev

Hell yes. Was a great game.

Same was today with App, Plan, Shadow, Reg, HiddenInTheFog. It was brilliant. I scored ver 50 hs almost every map and didn't get under 35 kills except one map.

Maybe it's a matter of time to get use to it.

PS. Crouch hax still pisses me off as fucking hell. I swear I'll start to kick noobs using that bug.

BEWARE PLAN !!!!! Twisted Evil

#108:   Author: Plan9 Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:53 am

Oops!!! Silenced Silenced Silenced

Last edited by Plan9 on Mon May 14, 2007 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total

#109:   Author: Alkaline Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:54 am

About this whole shooting three feet behind. I dont think thats actually what is happening. Thats just what you see. What the person shooting sees is something different. On their screen they are actually hitting the body or head (hitboxes). But when you spec people (I think depending on their ping) you see a slightly lagged version of what they see. This seems to be the case whenever I spec someone with a high ping(100+). I have never seen this happen when I spec players with low pings. So yeah it looks ******, but its not.

#110:   Author: Volta Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 11:30 am

yeah, something else you have to live with. its not thaaaat bad. Mr. Black has killed me a couple of times right when I thought I was far inside a corner already to where he couldn't shoot me. I asked, "how the hell did you get me if I was way past the corner?" and he said something like, "i could still see you when i was shooting, im gay", something along those lines. So yeah, what alky said. I can actually post two demos of that happening so you guys can understand.

x.

#111:   Author: Quazi Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 11:43 am

Can't agree.

App, Plan and me tested it while STANDING, CROUCHING and PRONING IN PLACE. No move. We were standing still. And EVERY one said the same - you can still get a hit when you shoot "3 feet" higher. So it has to be a global glitch but nvm.

#112:   Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 5:49 pm

Quazi wrote: › Can't agree.

App, Plan and me tested it while STANDING, CROUCHING and PRONING IN PLACE. No move. We were standing still. And EVERY one said the same - you can still get a hit when you shoot "3 feet" higher. So it has to be a global glitch but nvm.

Plan and I tested this aswell. It was a bit ago. By viewing the demo, you can't argue with "lag". We are standing still, we have both his pov and my pov demos on this thread.

http://www.iowclan.net/php/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2327

#113:   Author: Alkaline Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm

@quiz and quaz: Communication break down. There are two issues here. 1. Hitboxes. 2.Lag from high ping and what you see when you spec those players with high pings. My post was about #2. I agree that you can hit people's hitboxes when you cant even see them. You are correct in stating that. My post was addressing stevo's comment about shooting three feet behind someone. I was merely pointing out that it only looks like that to the person that is actually specing. The player may see something different than what the person specing sees. It only happens to people with high pings and lag. Sorry for the confusion. But yeah it sucks that the hitboxes are like that. However, its a game and its like that for everyone. So in a way its fair. Its not like anybody has an advantage over anyone else because of hitboxes. And if you noobs could aim then you wouldnt have to run and hide and then complain when you get killed. Shocked LOL , jk

#114:   Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 7:58 pm

Quote: › And if you noobs could aim then you wouldnt have to run and hide and then complain when you get killed. Shocked LOL , jk

lol

Sorry, I jumped in not knowing what the hell was going on ;]

#115:   Author: razi Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 8:43 pm

i thought iow server was using improved hitboxes not etmain?....not to open a new can of worms but may i ask why?
i guess that's why my accuracy is higher here than on other servers? other than those hitboxes i love the settings...i get really nice fps here compared to 99% of other pubs and i get a good stable ping here too. i'm just busy with RL atm so have not been able to play as much as I have been..

#116:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 14, 2007 10:24 pm

We can't change to improved hitboxes because Nort and epIc both say they suck. Even say if we do, then we will lose all our players. Apparently, the etmain hitboxes with g_realhead on (like we have) make the hitboxes as close to etpro as possible. Honestly, I don't know why we need to have 'etpro-style hitboxes'. If you want etpro hitboxes, play etpro. Wink

#117:   Author: RichieRich Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 16, 2007 4:11 pm

BECK wrote: › If you want etpro hitboxes, play etpro. Wink

/amen

#118:   Author: ShellShocked Post You have posted in this forum: Wed May 16, 2007 5:51 pm

BECK wrote: › Honestly, I don't know why we need to have 'etpro-style hitboxes'. If you want etpro hitboxes, play etpro. Wink
connect 70.85.241.59:27960

#119:   Author: Nervous Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 pm

All I can say after playing about 2 hours is that whatever the settings on the server now, it plays "choppy".

The ET Pro-like look is annoying because it doesn't play as smooth as pro. Thought I downloaded the wrong pub .pk3, despite getting the one from this website.

Note, with the new machine I get well over 125 fps - constant. Not the HW.

Shot 47 percent and felt like everyone took WAY too much damage. Spec'ed and saw that a couple I was losing fights to were juicing so no big deal. Played FO most of the time anyway. Call it the new Nervous. You want to hear the funniest thing? Got complaints over arty (52 kills, only 15 were arty) on Oasis OUTSIDE our rear spawn from Allies!!!! ROFL. If I played med, oh my at the juice rants, go FO and get arty rants. Guess some people just like to play and not have the other team try to kill them. I "could" go SMG soldier I guess so all those folks could be quiet. LOL JK

Couldn't buy hs on this setup and on pro they are no problem. Eh.. Not a big deal I guess since I don't plan on playing much if at all. Still fun.

Take it easy.
J

It's difficult to complain about 40-47 percent for whole rounds with bastardized etpro head hitboxes. However, I think the mod as it is now is set up to be not like really anything. It's not like pub (acc is high but damage "SEEMS" lower), it's not REALLY Et Pro hitboxes and definitely not smooth as pro. So why not just pick one already. Same maps, server goes pro, or pub and put it back like it was. Crouch at least wasn't choppsville.

#120:   Author: PistolPete Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 pm

no one is ever happy with anything....just be happy people, be happy, as bob marley says "dont worry be happy"
Instruments of WarET-Pub ServersI want my old IoW server back Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.