Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarET-Pro ServersIdea for 2nd TWL Server
Poll :: Change the server to...

Remove server
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Return to Goldendunk
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Max 20 life - Last-Man-Standing
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Don't change at all, just leave it as a waste of Nort's money
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Voted : 0
Total Votes : 17

#1:  Idea for 2nd TWL Server Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:56 pm

ok, seeing as how it isn't really being used for nething rite now and it's not the quake wars server, i propose that we either:

a) get rid of the server to save nort money

b) change it back to golden dunk but try to have the ping issues fixed

c) change it to a max 20 life map in which ppl join and it's basically a last man standing on maps which have no time limit and change wen some1 has won.(i personally vote for this idea)

Wat do u guys think? vote + input plz.

#2:   Author: mayol Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm

assuming it saves at least 25% i would remove it

#3:   Author: ShellShocked Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 am

hmm think 1 is going pvt only and the other etpro-pub.... till etqw's

#4:   Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:25 am

ShellShocked wrote: › hmm think 1 is going pvt only and the other etpro-pub.... till etqw's

Was the ETPro-Pub actually considered by admins Shell?

#5:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 am

OK.

First of all, the servers are all paid in advance, so just dropping it now isn't going to save any money.

Second of all, there are plans to turn the current TWL server into more of just an ETPro pub server (never locked for matches) that features SW versions of the stock maps as well as some of the more popular competition maps. (I think this was the latest idea, I could be wrong).

The server you speak of would then return to 100% private locked all the time, for practices and matches etc -- we could probably run whatever mod we wanted for particular reasons.

Nort is coming up with a new set of member missions that will probably be carried out there.

So in short, we have plans for all the servers, it's just a matter of getting it all implemented.

#6:   Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:29 pm

Good to hear. Thanks for clearing that up Beckster. ;]

#7:   Author: Apparition Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:59 pm

I've been thinking of a couple maps to be placed, though they've probably already been presented. It would be cool if we did a stock+custom rotation. Replace fueldump for supply depot, replace traditional radar for the radar map where you can dynomite the radars(rather than the map which removes all grass and environmentals)
OR replace radar with tc_base or this map for railgun. Seawall battery has always been a favorite map for me, but perhaps we can replace it with a converted rtcw map.. not sure which one it is but its a beach map. you have to grab the flag, snag the documents and bring it to the radio in axis spawn.

I'm sure other stock maps can be replaced with custom maps somewhat similar or of equal challenge. Oasis can be swapped for one of the custom oasis maps too...remembering custom map names isn't my strength. I'm sure there are other ideas.

This can be done until QW comes out or until something else is decided for the server. Just a couple ideas Smile

#8:   Author: StEVoNuB420 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:12 pm

HAHA App ur like one month late. We had this custom pub server for 6 months maybe more.I think the most people we ever had on it was me and Beck 1v1.It wasnt populated at all.

#9:   Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:17 am

stevo is correct. we switched that last server to a custom pub server, and it did have the dynmite radar and such. it pretty much has sat ununsed for 5 months. But i left it as customs to show my point. that custom map servers just are not a good idea. they are harder to populate then etpro and i did give it a honest fair shot to finally put this debate to rest.
Once i have a moment (for sure a week from this weekend) i am going to sit down and do the revamp on the priv/pub etpro idea we have. Onslaught could you pm me that link for what was decided on? or pm me a reiteration on this?
we will have a priv server again that wil lhave etpro/etpub/bobots mods for members practice, scrims, matches, fun.... etc....

#10:   Author: Apparition Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:05 am

Perhaps the server is difficult to populate because nobody uses them except for 1v1. I know both servers have gotten a lot of use in the past while from myself, and a few other iow members. Of course there's the fact that some people don't want to dl maps, however I know for one server it downloads a couple maps epic uploaded via etmain instead of http. He used the wrong ftp, but I don't think the other ftp for the priv server works for him either.

Maybe if people idled on the server an hour a night.. so it actually shows the server is being used, I might be willing to dedicate a computer for that. One might also move clan practices(assuming we have them aside from twl strats/practice) it is an etpro server after all. I really don't think playing a couple nights a week for an hour or two is going to give away all your secret skills to passers by. We could get some of our regular pubbers and etpub iow players on the pro. I'm sure there's an argument against going on an empty pro server, but idling and going to watch tv is different than waitin at your computer for someone to logon. I'm sure all of this has been presented before as well.. but, might as well.

I go to the pro server to practice, mostly in 1v1 settings to get my skills up, hence I won't be playin pub for a long time, unless i'm needed to come on and mute some asshole with a big mouth Smile..
Feel free to xfire or msn me or even pm me on the forums anytime if you wan to 1v1.

#11:   Author: Nort Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 am

members did and would go idle on the custom pub server. the downloads would work fine. i know becuase i set it up myself. for 3-4 months beck pushed to get it populated, and a fwe others would stop on it, myself included. but it was never a popular idea. we see the same issue on the etpro server. a majority ofpeople want stock maps, or common maps that most people have, such as frostbite.

#12:   Author: Nilla Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 pm

Change it to limited lives and I will be there 24/7. A full limited lives server pwns the world. An empty one...not so much...

ICE

#13:   Author: Karnivore Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:40 pm

Limited lives ftl.

#14:   Author: Quizzle Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:12 pm

Karnivore wrote: › Limited lives ftl.

v51

#15:   Author: Hobbs_Duke Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 pm

I recently Dloaded ET on another computer for a friend of mine and the stock Maps were in 2 campains
1. Oasis, Gold Rush, Sewall battery
2. Radar, Fuel Dump, Rail gun

also when I got the ET DLoad I also couldn't play because of the ET version we have. most people can't sign in because ET versions are incompatible. so if we really want more people playing we have to go to the stock ET version. not just the maps.

I myself think limited lives is kinda cheap but I see the reason behind it...I think.

and last thing is I myself prefer a Core ET version game (NO MODS in english). if anything tho Bobots so people will at least see it on the server list.

#16:   Author: Nilla Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:50 am

Why does everyone hate limited lives so much? Must all be LL virgins

Ice

#17:   Author: Hobbs_Duke Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:03 am

Nilla wrote: › Why does everyone hate limited lives so much? Must all be LL virgins

Ice

It's not that I haven't played limited lives it's just that if you're not all that good that you'll be sitting out most of the map because you die a lot at the beginning

#18:   Author: AnABoLiS Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:28 am

actually, i vote for limited lives server.

#19:   Author: razi Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:15 am

i messed up the vote by accident - chalk another vote for limited lives server instead of wasting nort's money.

et.tjw.org = best etpub server on the big bad internetz (because it is limited lives and always populated and simply just pwnz) limited lives really pushes teamwork - if no teamwork game over. and again it's not for nubs but thats what the regular pub is for imho.

#20:   Author: AnABoLiS Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:32 am

Does Anyone know a good PRO servers with max lives?

#21:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:41 pm

i used to know a good one, dunno if it is still around tho, used to be called snatch&grab 101 ML

#22:   Author: Nilla Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:03 pm

razi wrote: › et.tjw.org = best etpub server on the big bad internetz (because it is limited lives and always populated and simply just pwnz) limited lives really pushes teamwork - if no teamwork game over. and again it's not for nubs but thats what the regular pub is for imho.

It really isn't for the noobs, as you stated. That is why you generally get better play quality out of those games. The problems with tjw are the 60 sec spawn times and the map selection. Other than that....the comp is generally top notch.

oh....LL also helps keep down on the crack meds and other general xp whores.

Ice

#23:   Author: Karnivore Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Nilla wrote: › oh....LL also helps keep down on the crack meds and other general xp whores.

Ice

Or just have a ETPro SW with no level gain, which is what it is going to be turned into.

Epic and i (mainly epic) are working on it right now.
Instruments of WarET-Pro ServersIdea for 2nd TWL Server

Generated using printer-friendly.