Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerScripts Make My ET Fail Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:

#16:   Author: pubstars Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:12 pm

try updating your driver and if that doesn't work, try a legacy driver. Alot of people with these problems report driver updates or rollbacks fix them

#17:   Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:53 pm

i dont speak foreign languages, sorry. can someone translate?

#18:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:32 pm

He means to find an older version of the driver (legacy) instead of the latest version.

#19:   Author: pubstars Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:24 pm

Whoracle wrote: › i dont speak foreign languages, sorry. can someone translate?

sorry about being a geek. Look for your graphic card as in specified in other threads. Then find the latest driver for it. Try that. If that doesn't work go to an old driver. At least 3 months old. And then try that. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell ya.

#20:   Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:42 am

wow, i must be a complete idiot. cause i still have no idea how i go about doing that.

#21:   Author: pubstars Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:45 pm

Do this first: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/driverrollback.mspx
then do this if it doesn't work:
http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/how-tos/upgrade-drivers-faq.html

#22:   Author: Fuzzy Burrito Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:19 pm

i have no idea what "drivers" are, but i can imagine a driver to a gfx card, is like a patch to ET?

rolling back a geforce2 can only make it worse? im still gonna do it but wow.

EDIT: rolled it back. ET wont even make it to the main menu any more with a message at the top of that gray console thingy
Code: › GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

gonna update driver...

#23:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:28 pm

Whoracle wrote: › i have no idea what "drivers" are, but i can imagine a driver to a gfx card, is like a patch to ET?

rolling back a geforce2 can only make it worse? im still gonna do it but wow.

A driver is software that interacts with the operating system and the video card hardware.

In order for Windows to use your video card hardware, it utilizes the driver software to operate your card. Companies are releasing new drivers due to bugs in current driver software, enhancements, or changes to work with other operating system software, such as Direct X.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT ServerScripts Make My ET Fail Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.