Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT Serverprofile update help?

#1:  profile update help? Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:25 pm

hey guys, i don't know how to change my profile, can som1 help me out???

wen i say profile i mean like my age and fav wep and stuff like that, not the avatar and hobbies one.

#2:   Author: pubstars Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:38 pm

Beck needs to add you first, unless you are under another name ont he front. For now I guess you could create one under Regulars...

#3:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:42 pm

ok, except damn...my forum name is cheezeduck and my playing name is cheeseduck...z and s are changed...will that make a difference??

#4:   Author: pubstars Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:50 pm

cheezeduck wrote: › ok, except damn...my forum name is cheezeduck and my playing name is cheeseduck...z and s are changed...will that make a difference??

no. I thought maybe you were already up there and I didn't recognize it. Just create one under Regulars and Beck should be able to transfer it for you.

#5:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:52 pm

k, i'll try it

#6:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:55 pm

k, idunno how to do it, i can't find anything that has to do with profile changing...

#7:  no worry Author: OmegaBlade Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:42 am

I think beck will have to create a space for u in members profile so till then u have to wait.

#8:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:10 am

You were added to the members list on the day you were recruited. You have to login to the homepage using your forum account, username cheezeduck, and then click your name in the members list and you should see a button "edit settings".

You can change your player name (that you use on the game server) and it will show up in the members list how you enter it. However, you can't change your forum name (I can) which would then require a change to your member profile as well.

Does this answer your question? PM me if you have any more problems.

Your display name is "Cheeseduck", cause that's what you registered as. Your login name for the homepage is cheezeduck, with the same password as you use to get into the forums.

#9:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:34 pm

ya i got it, but wen i hit submit and looked again, my profile didn't change...wats up with that? srry if this causes problems, i just wanna get my profile rite

#10:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:35 pm

so...ne1 tell me y it won't update wen i hit submit...???...

#11:  just Author: OmegaBlade Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 am

Just refreash the page and try again. :roll:

#12:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:04 am

What happens when you submit? Does it time out? Does it show any error messages? The fields are restricted to a certain number of characters to match with the underlying database tables, so be sure you're not writing too much. For the most part, most fields limit text to 32 characters.

#13:   Author: cheezeduck Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:00 pm

ok guys thnx for the help...i got it fixed, ummm...i guess we can close this topic.
Instruments of War<IoW> silEnT Serverprofile update help?

Generated using printer-friendly.