Instruments of War :: Official site for the Enemy Territory clan Instruments of War

Instruments of WarGeneral ChatWebsite Suggestion

#1:  Website Suggestion Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Sun May 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Well, first, what happened to the website board? I would put this in that if it was still around.

Now, the actual suggestion is to add ET: Legacy to the downloads, or at least a link to the site. Some people may have issues like I did with modern hardware getting weird lag spikes and frame drops. It also generates an ETKey and everything and it's pretty great. All I had to do was install that and connect to the server and I didn't have to do any patching or anything.

It's also open source, so any other developers we have here can contribute to it if they want.

#2:   Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Sun May 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Did that end up fixing your stutter lag?

#3:  Re: Website Suggestion Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Sun May 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Yeah, it did. If you would've actually played last night instead of just sitting spec you would've seen by getting owned.

#4:  Re: Website Suggestion Author: Sin Post You have posted in this forum: Sun May 29, 2016 5:32 pm

#5:  Re: Website Suggestion Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Sun May 29, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm sure you always use shrinkage as an excuse.

#6:   Author: Venom Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Website board? ET legacy pretty much fixes anything that's fucked up with the normal et install.

#7:  Re: Website Suggestion Author: sum1else Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Yeah, the board that we used to have for suggestions/issues about the forums/website.

#8:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Mon May 30, 2016 6:44 pm

We had like 25 forums, one day I consolidated down to the bare minimum.

#9:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 31, 2016 7:42 am

Thanks sum1, this has been added. Fixed

#10:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 am

Ooooo the ET: L download has a fancy "New" GIF on it. Like it Very Happy

#11:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 31, 2016 12:03 pm

Guess so, I didn't do that.

#12:   Author: Jayd Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 pm

I went to test out the download an dI get this:
https://i.imgur.com/ZE2WLMj.png

Da fuk.

Also for posterity's sake, this is the GIF I'm talking about:
http://iowclan.net/iow/templates/fisubice/images/black/icon_pa_new.gif

#13:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Tue May 31, 2016 7:10 pm

Okay, i may not be able to fix that since it expects to download a file, but I just put the link to the site.

#14:   Author: Sir Sux-A-Lot Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:01 am

the redirect worked here

#15:   Author: BECK Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:56 am

There are also 2 different places we have download lists here - there is the 'Downloads' link which is managed by the forum IntegraMOD framework (this is probably the one that JayD is talking about) and there is also a side-panel thing that includes stuff like TS and X-FIre (which I just removed). The side-panel is just plain-old HTML that I wrote.
Instruments of WarGeneral ChatWebsite Suggestion

Generated using printer-friendly.