Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,346 Exploit Attempts.

Looking for new PC speakers.

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Venom
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm   Post subject:  Looking for new PC speakers. Back to top 

my 7.1 surround sound logitech still works fine. But the subwoofer is blown. I don't need surround sound or anything like that. Just a good 2.1 setup.

Was looking at the https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Z623-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B003VAHYTG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1498694084&sr=8-5&keywords=logitech+pc+speakers

seems to be my best bang for my buck.

Thoughts/ suggestions?

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Logitech blows, get a Klipsch system.

Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444873216&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+2.1+promedia

You could also get 2 speakers and buy an amp and it'd probably sound a bit better.

Retired
52 Points

United Kingdom UK England
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:55 am   Post subject:  Re: Looking for new PC speakers. Back to top 

I prefer using headphones - Logitech G933 Gaming Headset Artemis great wireless headphones.

Download Post  No rating  
Sir Sux-A-Lot
Admin
Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:07 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Logitech doesn't necessarily blows. In fact, the Z-2300 is the best 2.1 system you could find but it's been long discontinued. If you're lucky and look around, you may score one on CL for cheap though.

The Klipsch Pro Media seems like a worthy alternative.

Sound quality wise, you'd be better off getting a small amp with 2 passive speakers like Sin said. You can easily replace/upgrade parts with that kind of setup but adding a subwoofer may be complicated depending on what parts you'll choose.

Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with Sin and Sir, go with passive speakers and an amp.

Are you opposed to headphones though? I think Massdrop might still have some Sennheiser HD 6XXs left. $199 for a pair of LEGENDARY headphones that usually retail for $499...couldn't resist.

Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

He bought a real shitty pair of headphones not too long ago without our consent. Don't get mad at him though, I already let him have it.

Brigadier General
67080 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for new PC speakers. Back to top 

I have a Bose Companion 20 system. No sub for these, but they actually don't need them. I was borderline going for the Companion 5, since both sound awesome.

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well if it's just speakers you're looking for, I've always had a good experience with Altec Lansing PC speakers. But! Keep in mind that my "newest" speaker system from Altec Lansing is like...10 years old? So I don't know if they're still any good. I don't see why they wouldn't be though.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I really don't want to spend $200+ on some speakers and a sub. Like I said, I have a set of logitech Z5300 with a blown sub and only using left right and center speaker. Sound quality is good enough for me. I live in an apartment so id probably just turn the subwoofer down to low. Im probably just gonna get either the logitech Z623 or the klipsch 2.1. I was also looking at the audioengine a2+ speakers and skip the sub/ get one in the future. What do you guys think?

Adding a Acoustic Audio PSW-8 in the future to the a2+

Admin
38083 Points

France US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

if you want a small pair of active speakers, I recommend the Micca PB42X instead of the audioengine.

If you think 15W is kinda low (for computer sound, not necessarily but I don't know how loud you want to go), get the passive version with a 50W tripath amp.

I use these with a small $25 20W amp and they sound really good (that's the setup I use with my turntables) The sound is not flat because fuck that, we're no sound engineer. It's warm and colored and with the right amp you can get a decent amount of bass.

Price of the whole setup: $100** /$140 depending on the amp you want to get. Adding a subwoofer to that setup is another story and while it's possible with a 2ch amp if the sub has a proper crossover, it'd probably better getting a 3ch amp.

** the passive speakers + a better amp is cheaper than the active pair listed above, go figure

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic