Discord
Arrow IoW Discord Server

Server Monitor

Searching

Advanced Search

Style Select
Script by webmedic, v1.0.5

security

phpBB Security ©  Has Blocked 2,348 Exploit Attempts.

Beer run

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
bearcat*
Major
Major
9538 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:29 pm   Post subject:  Beer run Back to top 

Beer run is a 12 minute map. Is there any chance we can add 8 minutes to the map. The map is listed as a medium size map.

I know the map maker do their homework and comes up with the right times and yes I'm sure there is a stat that shows allies winning 80 percent of the time.

It seems such a short time. Theres been so many times on ts you hear the map should be longer, dumb votes to add time.

Do a trail for a few weeks to see if extra time hurts or does good.?
Not like I'm asking for Day Break 24/7 Evil or Very Mad
Thoughts.... Question

Admin
Admin
87019 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Adding time to the map does not change the fact that allies win the majority of the time with it currently at 12 minutes. Most axis victories on beerrun are cutting it short as it is. I think adding anymore time to it would really ruin the chances of axis winning. Having beerrun at anything more is making it very unfair against axis. Do we really need more maps that undeservedly give allies the advantage, especially when they already have it on beerrun?

In my opinion, no. Beerrun is actually one of our more fair maps in terms of win/loss for axis, with allies obviously still winning more. The only outcome if we change the time would be that allies win more. I don't really see a reason why we should change it other than people wanting to play it longer with no regards to other people trying to win games. Beerrun gets played multiple times every night. My vote is no, but I'm curious what the other admins think.

Admin
30729 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: Beer run Back to top 

I'm not an admin, but will throw in my 2 cents. I think the trip mines give the Axis a little better edge than when the map was first made. However, I can't really see upping the time. If the time were increased, I can't think anything more than 90 seconds would be even close to fair.

Download Post  No rating  
tAukima
IoW Supporter
2531 Points

USA SE Fishing Flag
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beerrun has always been a fast paced map, it can sway very quickly for the allies if they get map control early on. It takes a really decent axis team to hold the flag for awhile. While I get it that you may want some more time on that map, its not as simple as changing the map time, spawn timers would definitely need to accommodate for the increased time, and im sure some other stuff will need to be changed too, But I doubt that its needed because beer is already lots of fun to play. As axis in the beginning of the map all you need to focus on is reviving and making sure you dont get panzer'd in the face, and try to gauge when and where the allies are pushing.

Download Post  No rating  
Jayd
Retired
Retired
36440 Points

Puertorico US Florida
Yellow Cards: 1
Yellow Cards: 1
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think the timer is fine as it is. My thoughts echo what Sin said. Yes there's definitely times where Axis do full hold on the flag and it'd be nice if Allies would get more time, but those times are very rare and situational. If people want more time added during those occasions, an admin that's on at the time can make that decision.

Major
9538 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Et is a slow dying game. Majority of the players are not purest, they come jump on ts and game and have fun. I've seen a meaningless list of regular players who come to <IoW>. Majority of players are talented but faults are goofing around having fun.
I don't understand map developers why or how they came up with 12 minutes. Why didn't they just round it out to 15 minutes.
Qt brought up a interesting thought about trip mines.

8 minutes is extreme but how about rounding off to 3 minutes to compensate for trip mines and to majority of players having fun.

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beerrun is one of my favorite maps. If Im not mistaken, it was made as a stopwatch map thus the 12 minutes. I don't think we should change it at all. If anything, adding more time would be an instant allies win.

Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

bearcat* wrote (View Post): › Et is a slow dying game.

I've seen servers come and go, you can quote me, IoW will be the last server around with actual people on it.

Major
9538 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay thanks Venom I'll use the quote. Just one problem ... I've been here for awhile and only seen you play one/two maps tops.
I'm I talking to a dead et player?

Senior Admin
Senior Admin
104308 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

bearcat* wrote (View Post): › Okay thanks Venom I'll use the quote. Just one problem ... I've been here for awhile and only seen you play one/two maps tops.

Whats your point?

Admin
30729 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Venom wrote (View Post): ›
bearcat* wrote (View Post): › Okay thanks Venom I'll use the quote. Just one problem ... I've been here for awhile and only seen you play one/two maps tops.

Whats your point?

The point is that we enjoy gaming with you. Play ET more.

Download Post  No rating  
bearcat*
Major
Major
9538 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Simple, I like playing against good players. There was no disrespect given.

General of the Army
General of the Army
279782 Points

USA US Colorado
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Life is settling down and I should be back to playing more again, sorry guys.

The map time won't change, as Sin said it is one of the few maps that Axis actually have a chance of winning.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic